Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Visitor from Abroad - Stavanger

GraemeH

Afternoon,

Sorry to hijack your website, and to post in English but I was hoping for some help. I've not been to Norway before but am really looking forward to coming to Stavanger for 5 days in February.

I was planning on bringing my rods with me and was wondering if anyone had some advice on where and what to catch. I will be staying close to the sea, on a ship to be exact!

Is it possible to catch much from the shore or is the only option to charter a boat? If there are any local fisherman around who could help me out if be happy to return the favour with a beer or two!

Kind regards

Graeme

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I'm actually coming in on a ship so will live onboard but be close to the town. I really like the idea of catching cod but I'll go for what is seasonal/ have the best chance of catching. Would that be salmon close to the shore? Can you beach cast into deeper water from the shore around Stavanger or is it a case of boat fishing?

I shall definitely check out the Facebook page.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

This time of year you should be able to reach cod and pollock just about everywhere with a lure setup. If surf casting is your thing, Stavanger is great for that. You can also have good sea trout fishing on the beaches if you look for places with a bit of current, a bit of seaweed, rocks and such. There are plenty of those places. If you use baits like shrimp and mackerel, you can always pick up flatfish and just about any species of fish.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider