Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Help !!! Norwegien rules for working here

hi all

i have been living here for 4 months now and had the chance of 2 jobs so far ,the first was in the first month i was here ,got offered a job but i needed to get a D number so i did the paper work and waited .one month past so i thought something must be wrong ,i called the place dealing with it and they had lost all my information (really mad ) so i went to aetat instead and they were great ,3 weeks later i had a d number called back the place i was going to work and because of the time it took to get my d number thay had taken on other people . :D

a few weeks past again and the same compony called me again offering me some work :lol: all i had to do was get a tax card and that was it .this is where i started to get confused ,on going to your tax offices i was told i needed a letter of confermation from my employer saying he wanted me to work for him WHY !!!!!and that i had to apply for a residence permit all of which i was told could take another 2 -3 weeks

point 1 . why do i need conformation from an employer to get a tax card (do norwegians have to do this ?)

point 2 . why do i need to apply for a residence permit ? whats that got to do with working here ?

as far as i am aware norway is a partial member of the EU with the same working regulations which means i should have the freedom to work where i like within the EU without permits and i should be treated the same as a norwegian .

because of the rules and regulations i fear i have lost my second job allready .

if anybody knows the proper procedures and can help i wwould be very greatfull .

and if anybody has a job for me even better lol

Mark

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The residence is for work as far as I know. It's a period based permit that allows you too work and live in the country for the period decided. As for your first point, in all counties that I know the rules for working permits is that you need an employer as your "sponsor". Thats why you need a confermation from you employer too get the tax card. But on the other side, do you REALLY want that? High taxes here :D

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The residence is for work as far as I know. It's a period based permit that allows you too work and live in the country for the period decided. As for your first point, in all counties that I know the rules for working permits is that you need an employer as your "sponsor". Thats why you need a confermation from you employer too get the tax card. But on the other side, do you REALLY want that? High taxes here :lol:

i have read on official uk and norwegian goverment web site that i do not need a residence / working permit until i have been here for more than 6 months ,if i got a job in that time all i had to do was go to the police staiton and register that i was working and living here then after six months i would have to apply for a residence permit ,all of which i have tried to do but to date nithing has changed since i moved here .

what i need is somebody to say step 1 you do this step 2 you do this and so on because i find the system here very confusing.

thanks all the same m8 :D

Mark

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Marcus, you obviously a englishman like myself, and I too have been through the 'system' as you now must.

Things you've got to do:-

1. Goto 'likningskontoret' and get yourself registered in the place you're living and get a personal number. This is for both tax purposes.

2. Goto the police station and get a visa. This last for one year, then five, then after 8 yrs you can apply for norwegian citizenship/passport.

3. You'll have to have a BCG test/jab at your local health station.

Once you've got your personal number, you can get a bank account in Norway. You need a bank account to get paid into from your future employers and a personal number to pay tax. Obviously you need a visa to work.

If you wish to stay here for a while learn the language. I went on a 'voksenopplæring' course and was fluent after very short time.

If there's any q's, fire away.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider