Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

piles of perch

I couldn't count the pictures of piles of perch and pike, seemingly dead on norwegian sites... surely You don't eat them?

I think most people eat the perch they catch. The pike, well the banjoplayers in more rural areas seem to love killing pike and leave them to rot or feed them to the pigs or whatever.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I think most people eat the perch they catch. The pike, well the banjoplayers in more rural areas seem to love killing pike and leave them to rot or feed them to the pigs or whatever.

Lot of English kill pike and zander for little reason.

never heard of anyone eating a perch, tho I always wanted to try eating chubb.

Davie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Perch is an excellent fisk to eat :) Only tasted it once but that was great.

great... when I go to UK to visit My parents I will catch some perch and put it straight on the barbecue... the course fishermen will probably have the bailliffs on Me lol. or better still I could serve some up to hardcore course anglers at BBQ then tell them what it is later lol.

Davie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I ate Perch for the first time in my adult life for just a few weeks ago, and it is really delicious.

Just Salt`n Pepa mmmmm

OK... I'm starting to feel like I've missed out on a good culinary experience now.

anyone tried pike???

Davie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Pike is considered a delicacy i our neightbour contry Sweeden. It's worth trying, but beware of the bones!

Yes, some pike & perch taste like mud, but it's verry rear!

:)

so... the Swedes play banjo? :D

I heard freshwater fish need to be run through clean water to take away the muddy taste, but then i suppose it depends on the water they were caught in.

Davie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

so... the Swedes play banjo? :)

I heard freshwater fish need to be run through clean water to take away the muddy taste, but then i suppose it depends on the water they were caught in.

Davie

Some freshwater fish like pike, might taste like mud, especially in summer and in some waters. In Sweden there is commercial fishing after both pike and perch.

And yes, all Swedes play banjo and have six fingers on each hand. :D

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Some freshwater fish like pike, might taste like mud, especially in summer and in some waters. In Sweden there is commercial fishing after both pike and perch.

And yes, all Swedes play banjo and have six fingers on each hand. :)

That explains the straps on my fladen flo suit falling down all the time then... I just don't have enough fingers to tighten them properly.

I can only speculate as to the reason they put useless split rings on their salmon spoons tho... that cost me a monster cod.

I had a swedish friend once... last time i saw him he was being removed from the bar at gunpoint by the royal thai police :D

Davie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider