Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

coloured water fly choice?

Very poor visibility in the water today, it was like french onion soup and I couldn't get a single trout even tho tons were rising all around... not even a bite or a follower and I was only spared a blank by a little cod.

yesterday was a little coloured but an epoxy head olive zonker and and stud head greeny/chartreuse marabou streamer produced the goods after a few changes but they both failed in the trout department today.

What is the best colours/patterns in filthy water?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Any bright colour with black speckles (?) or stripes made with a permanent marker is highly visible. Where I fish chartreuse/white and orange/white with mentioned speckles or stripes is good flies...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Any bright colour with black speckles (?) or stripes made with a permanent marker is highly visible. Where I fish chartreuse/white and orange/white with mentioned speckles or stripes is good flies...

some striped or speckled feather type flies perhaps?

I could have tried a yellow and white flatwing which also has stripes on the white feather but i tend not to use it because its 3.5" long and tied on a shrimp hook and the trout tend to nip at its tail all day long.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I use a lot of jiggy-type flies and other small-fish-imitations. Add stripes, dots or other black patterns with a permanent marker. (Example of markings on fly (this one not made for trout though): https://www.fiskersiden.no/content/view/12/67/)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I use a lot of jiggy-type flies and other small-fish-imitations. Add stripes, dots or other black patterns with a permanent marker. (Example of markings on fly (this one not made for trout though): https://www.fiskersiden.no/content/view/12/67/)

umm... thats a big trout lol. If I had one already i wouldn't need a fly.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider