Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Overseas webshop orders

I've been thinking about buying stuff from My favourite UK webshops and having them shipped to Norway to save a pretty penny but I'm wondering if i'll get stung by norwegian customs department.

Does anyone have any experience of ordering from the UK? any problems with customs?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You will get stung... When ordering tackle where the price exceeds 200 norwegian kroner. If you keep below that amount there won`t be any problems. I (and many more here at FS) order regullary from the UK, for example from the excellent webshop at Veals. No problems, fast delivery, and even with the custom declaration fee you often will get cheaper tackle than back here i Norway. There are also some items that are hard to come by here, that is easy to get overseas.

You could also take a look at eBay. A lot of interesting stuff for sale there to :)

Mvh Oz

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You will get stung... When ordering tackle where the price exceeds 200 norwegian kroner. If you keep below that amount there won`t be any problems. I (and many more here at FS) order regullary from the UK, for example from the excellent webshop at Veals. No problems, fast delivery, and even with the custom declaration fee you often will get cheaper tackle than back here i Norway. There are also some items that are hard to come by here, that is easy to get overseas.

You could also take a look at eBay. A lot of interesting stuff for sale there to :P

Mvh Oz

I was thinking of items such as polyleaders equivalent of 34KR (70% saving) each at http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk and they regularly do high end flylines unboxed for around equivalent of 200 KR and bulk spools of dyneema etc... so keeping the price under 200 is possible, with reciepts to prove value... would just be lots of packages :)

Veals are very customer service minded and hot on bass, boat and beach stuff but not the cheapest in the UK. there are smaller sites with good value like jims mail order, gerry's and devon angling centre and best for fly gear is probably tacklebargains and waderson.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I was thinking of items such as polyleaders equivalent of 34KR (70% saving) each at http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk and they regularly do high end flylines unboxed for around equivalent of 200 KR and bulk spools of dyneema etc... so keeping the price under 200 is possible, with reciepts to prove value... would just be lots of packages :lol:

Veals are very customer service minded and hot on bass, boat and beach stuff but not the cheapest in the UK. there are smaller sites with good value like jims mail order, gerry's and devon angling centre and best for fly gear is probably tacklebargains and waderson.

Since you probably got friends and relatives in the UK a good trick would probably be to make them order it, then giftwrap it and send it to you as a gift. Then the value can be up to 1000 kroner without the customs hazzling you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Since you probably got friends and relatives in the UK a good trick would probably be to make them order it, then giftwrap it and send it to you as a gift. Then the value can be up to 1000 kroner without the customs hazzling you.

I thought about sending it to My folks there and then just bringin it all in My luggage but then Ryanair like to sting Me for excess baggage (60 GBP last time+ 18GBP for a rod). Having it delivered to a UK address then sent again to norway could also be expensive for heavier items.

guess its just a case of figuring out which is the best route for each order.

Hmmm... Maybe I could make a living out of smuggling fishing gear to Norway ;)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 9 months later...