Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

SeaTrout Variation

Is there a recognised strain or type of Seatrout which retains a row of red spots along the lateral line, very few overall spots, slight green colour and thick set tail and has very pale flesh? not sure if the pale flesh applies to all of em but 2 that i've kept for breakfast had almost white flesh.

around one in twenty caught or thereabouts has these features.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Are you now talking about norwegian Seatrout ?

If so then I have never seen this, unless you have caught a fish that has just come out of the river after spawning.

In the freshwater they change their color and shape, and also loose their red flesh after a good while.

Where these fishes very thin ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Are you now talking about norwegian Seatrout ?

If so then I have never seen this, unless you have caught a fish that has just come out of the river after spawning.

In the freshwater they change their color and shape, and also loose their red flesh after a good while.

Where these fishes very thin ?

Yes, Norwegian seatrout (caught in fairly brackish water), Quite thin, 5-600 gram fish that I took home, both could have easilly been 7-900 grams with a good feed but I have caught very small ones (100 grams i guess) with the same colouration... red spots on lateral line few halos, slight green backs.

the majority of the Sea trout I catch are largely well black spotted with buttery bellies and good weed camo colours on top and a bit less frequently I get a nice big silvery one :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider