Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Hysespørsmål

Av og til kjem det opp hyser som er svært hardt angripne av rundormar (svartprikksjuke). Eg har lagt merke til at desse har heilt ulik kjøtkvalitet enn dei "vanlege". Kjøtet er kvitare og har litt anna konsistens. Har andre merka noko til dette?

Not sure if I understood entirely but...

Females tend to have whiter and tastier meat and unlike cod and some other fish, Haddock meat improves with a bit of size. small haddock are more like whiting and large haddock is... a food of the gods.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Eg tykkjer kjøtet ser meir delikat ut på desse infiserte fiskane, men sidan alt går i ei mølje til grateng og kaker, har eg ikkje lagt merke til skilnad i smaken. Har nokon merka at smaken er annleis?

Atomichaggis: I'm talking (writing) about haddock that is heavily infected with roundworms (Nematoda, "blackpricksickness" :) ) in the skin and eyes. These fishes have whiter meat than the others.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Eg tykkjer kjøtet ser meir delikat ut på desse infiserte fiskane, men sidan alt går i ei mølje til grateng og kaker, har eg ikkje lagt merke til skilnad i smaken. Har nokon merka at smaken er annleis?

Atomichaggis: I'm talking (writing) about haddock that is heavily infected with roundworms (Nematoda, "blackpricksickness" :) ) in the skin and eyes. These fishes have whiter meat than the others.

black prick eh? lol... i kinda guessed you were alluding to sick fish being different to others.

My point being that haddock meat varies significantly in normal healthy specimens...

females and larger fish have whiter meat (and tastier). the comparison would be similar to rock cod meat vs pelagic cod meat.

Haddock is also very easy to taint and needs to be bled straight away or the meat stains greyish orange colours. also worthwhile leaching the skin for a day too.

I always thought sick/skinny/black speckled fish had greyer meat... I shall take notes next time I catch one worth taking.

I did catch a cod like you describe a week or so ago and it had fairly grey loose meat.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider