Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Hake (Lysing)

They are quite rare, and usually live deeper than 200 metres, and having seasonal (and unpredictable?) migrations makes it quite hard to find them. The catches seen on different lists are almost alway the result of unexpected (more or less) by-catches.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

different lists are almost alway the result of unexpected (more or less) by-catches.

Well ours aint... we have caught hake each winter in Etne for the 3 latest years. In shallow water :P (20-30meters).

We have also caught hake on every contest we've had in Karmøy Havfiskeklubb this year (4 trips). Also this in shallow water, 30-60 meters

Endret av ThorEH
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

30 meters is swim bladder blowing depth isn't it?... not unusual to occasionally take a number of deepwater species at that kind of range I would have thought.

I'm still taking haddock in water as shallow as 7 meters and they are known as the "offshore hake". Is it possible that hake will also come in so close to spawn/feed or whatever at certain times of the year?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 month later...
Gjest LittleDevil

I've never caught one and kinda forgot that they even existed. I see more than a few of you have them on your lists.

Just wanna know how? where? when? etc. etc.

My friend caught two of these as far into a local fjord you can possibly go, and no deeper than 30m. They bit near the bottom on pieces of mackerel bait. Bottom there is sand/mud.

I have never caught one myself, but local fishermen said the fish was not rare at all. When i first saw one i was awed, it's by far one of the more scary fishes we had in our boat, that thing has razor teeth and a fierce look. My friend decided to unhook the fish by hand and ended up with a badly bleeding thumb :) Too bad i never carry a camera, i need to buy one for my bag :)

Oh btw, this was in august.

Any fish dictionary will probably tell more about the when and where...

Good luck hunting one!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

My friend caught two of these as far into a local fjord you can possibly go, and no deeper than 30m. They bit near the bottom on pieces of mackerel bait. Bottom there is sand/mud.

I have never caught one myself, but local fishermen said the fish was not rare at all. When i first saw one i was awed, it's by far one of the more scary fishes we had in our boat, that thing has razor teeth and a fierce look. My friend decided to unhook the fish by hand and ended up with a badly bleeding thumb :) Too bad i never carry a camera, i need to buy one for my bag :)

Oh btw, this was in august.

Any fish dictionary will probably tell more about the when and where...

Good luck hunting one!

Sounds like I'm in with a chance locally then... all sand and mud here and bottoms out at around 30 metres in the deepest parts. Water is still freezing now so I doubt there will be anything before august.

scary teeth is something all My favourite fish have in common... Hake is probably too pretty to win Me over tho.

I rarely take a camera with Me... Have tons of kitchen photos tho :)

Every hake I've caught have been in shallow water (30 - 40 m)

30-40 is deep... try wading in it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Fra oktober til ut desember har jeg tatt dem i Etne, muligens i september også.

Da er det snakk om målrettet fiske etter Lysing.

Den var fraværende i høst, men den kommer nok sterkere tilbake når høsten kommer.

Kommer en stim forbi, så kommer det kanskje to-tre stk på land.

Så er det bare å vente til den kommer igjen, for det gjør den :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider