Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Kinsarvik Camping

If it's the Camping i'am thinking about, is't it a river there to? Salmon/seatrout?

I don't know the area at all... Mrs wants to take a trip tho.

Kinsarvik Camping

was ther some years ago. They had small boats for rent. Got som polloc and cods.

Have a nice trip.

I just saw the boats for hire on the site :P so thats a boat rod required... perhaps baitcaster from the shore.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I'am almost sure that that is the campingplace that i ment. It's pretty nice there and its a river. I do not know if its Salamon or Seatrout in that river. It's not a big river, but it is big enough. Try and send them a mail.... I think its good chances that it is water with brown trout nearby also. Somebody on FS has to know the area..... come on!!!

Pardon my english :P

Endret av Tequila
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I had a look on the little map on the site and it looks like a river but nothing major... don't think I'll be getting My first salmon there but I'll take a flyrod for trout... Think i'm gonna end up taking everything :P

had a look on a Better map and it looks like 2 rivers and a fairly large lake nearby.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Take your beachcasters and test them in the deep water from the shore.. you'll probably would be the first person fishing from shore with bait :P You could find som spectacular venues for ling, halibut etc..

I don't have beachcasting gear... just game and boat... well several game rods and one boat rod to be precise. nothing over 10 foot. I can put wind knots in spinning rods, nobody would insure Me to use a beachcaster :)

when i don't have the range... there's always boat hire.

There is a salmonriver and the name of the river is Kinso.

;) Would the 'tweedy old flychuckers' upstream be terribly offended if I caught a salmon from the sea?

Endret av atomichaggis
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I went there whit my class four years ago, and they got "breiflabb" ( angler? ) ca 8 kg.

And also cod, pollack, coalfish +++ others

The guide also told me that a group once got a big halibut.

The river is 5 meters form the cabins :angry2:

Endret av truttakiller
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I went there whit my class four years ago, and they got "breiflabb" ( angler? ) ca 8 kg.

And also cod, pollack, coalfish +++ others

The guide also told me that a group once got a big halibut.

The river is 5 meters form the cabins :angry2:

Holy shit!!! Now that I've caught a steinbit I only have a hard on for breiflabb! (or a really big steinbit).

I still haven't caught a halibut either... I hope the first is a big one!

This place sounds better and better all the time.

Is it too much too ask for good weather, My first salmon, breiflabb and big halibut?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

As Thor says, not many is fishing with bait in that part of Hardangerfjorden. So, there´s lot of treasures in the deep :D . Please let us know how it went, I´ve plans for that fjord when the summer comes.

Good luck!

I'll go crazy with the bait if I can... lots of droppers (opphenger?) with different baits on.

I need to find out more about the area tho... is there an exclusion zone around the salmon river? depths etc.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi

I was in that area last summer, in a river appx 40 kilometer further in the fjord, fishing. I also took a trip to Kinsarvik to try to find out about this river, Kinso. It is mainly a seatrout river, i think the salmon is protected there. (catch&release). The seatrout stock is however of fine size, with average at about 1.5-2 Kg, and there is good possibilities for a catch. My advise is to spend a few hrs around and after midnight for this fishing (when it is dark) and the rest of your fishing time in the sea as the other guys adwice you to. For the seatrout I would recomend a rod about AFTM 7 or 8.

If you are interested in the other river. Bjoreio, where I was fishing, let me know. I dont write about this, since you dont ask for it.

Mvh

Cannonbang

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi

I was in that area last summer, in a river appx 40 kilometer further in the fjord, fishing. I also took a trip to Kinsarvik to try to find out about this river, Kinso. It is mainly a seatrout river, i think the salmon is protected there. (catch&release). The seatrout stock is however of fine size, with average at about 1.5-2 Kg, and there is good possibilities for a catch. My advise is to spend a few hrs around and after midnight for this fishing (when it is dark) and the rest of your fishing time in the sea as the other guys adwice you to. For the seatrout I would recomend a rod about AFTM 7 or 8.

If you are interested in the other river. Bjoreio, where I was fishing, let me know. I dont write about this, since you dont ask for it.

Mvh

Cannonbang

I'm Not sure I'll do any river fishing, I prefer the saltwater fishing, even for trout on the fly... I don't like buying a permit just to have My catch limited. We only plan to spend a weekend or a couple of days there and the Mrs will drag Me around various attractions/shops or whatever so I'm gonna have to concentrate My fishing on one place I think. I'd love to know any good spots for trout/salmon in the fjord, I've still to catch a trophy fish on the fly.

That fjord produces some of the biggest and ugliest fish :P A big Flabb or steinbit would make My decade.

Bloody camping was fully booked for this weekend tho :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider