Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

One fish

If You could only fish for one fish til the end of time, which fish would it be and Why?

I Would have to go for trout Myself, not that its My favourite fish but Partly because the varied styles of capturing one keep Me interested in fishing for the biggest part of a year. best of all is usually on the fly, most thrilling with a fly that fishes on the surface or high up in the water. The feeling when a fly gets smashed right off the top is hard to beat for Me and On a lazy day a baited float is very relaxing.

Then there is the fight... the aerial displays and surging runs. not the strongest fish in the world but on the right tackle they really put You through Your paces.

Of course if I lived in france or the south of England I would definately choose bass... but those buggers are in the extremely seasonal category here.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Trout is a good choice- I include seatrout as its same species :)

It can be fishes all year, in fresh or saltwater, on the ice..... from boat and land, in rives and lakes. On the fly, lure, bait and trolling.... think it would be trout. But if I could choos e 2 then trout would not be needed lol :P

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Trout is a good choice- I include seatrout as its same species :)

It can be fishes all year, in fresh or saltwater, on the ice..... from boat and land, in rives and lakes. On the fly, lure, bait and trolling.... think it would be trout. But if I could choos e 2 then trout would not be needed lol :P

I'm counting it as one species... I do most of My fishing in the salty. always feel a bit strange saying Seatrout... especially if they aint even in the sea.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

can't decide, but I shure as hell wouldn't choose trout over any of them :blush:

Don't get Me wrong, I'll take either of Those over a trout... well maybe not the shark. My favourite fish is Breiflabb... but I couldn't choose that... Don't even know how to fish for that :)

I based My choice on getting the most sport out of one fish over the whole year (based in Norway). If You don't have a sizeable boat or casting range then fishing only for halibut means occasional fishing and tuna means very occasional fishing... don't think I could live with that unless the trips were very intense... even then I'm still not sure I could live with that.

Would anyone choose a yearly marlin trip over all year round domestic fishing?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Salmon in river on fly - it would give me a lot of extra time to actually do some other stuff like maintenance on the house as the season is very short!

Haha... All the extra energy would make the house like a palace.

I think in reality You would spend the season fishing and the off season tying flies, maintaining gear and dreaming of fishing.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Zander. End of story.

Glad Norwegians appreciate it... a lot of English folk knock em on the head and toss them up the bank.

Hork, no doubt!

What on earth is a hork? I thought it was some long haired dude out east.

Gjedde!! The ultimate predator in (norwegian) fresh water.....

Do You Jerkfishers ever fish for anything else anyway?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It doesnt say it should be in Norway...

catfish, alligator gar...?

Doesn't have to be in Norway... but if You live in Norway then it should still be in that context.

for example if I was in UK then I wouldn't choose trout cos of laws prohibiting it in the sea and off seasons inland would mean very little fishing but here its My 'bread and butter' fishing.

or if you chose marlin it would mean that Your only fishing would be during trips to the tropics... obviously better if You prefer a more memorable and challenging fish over keeping busy with the usual fish.

gonna choose alligator Gar?

The norwegian superBass!

Wow... thats dedication... You would get less fishing than ThorEH lol.

Seriously, You need to go on a charter boat from the south of England for a bit of wrecking and reefing... 15lbers on livebaits. Norway will seem like a desert when You return.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider