Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

fishing trip to high North Soroya

Hi all,

I already posted a thread on www.worldseafishing.com, but because I have pretty specific questions they advised to ask them over here.

First time I post overhere, so will give a short explanation of my self. I am really fanatic fisher, I have fished all my live on several species in fresh and salt water. I have done fishing matches in my youth and went to several countries to fish. Due to lack of time I haven’t got much time to fish, 2 - 3 times a year I book a trip to Norway, Spain, France or another foreign country. I have been several time to Spain and France to fish on catfish and also several times to Norway to fish on Cod, coalfish etc.

This year I will go for the first time higher up north in Norway, I have been three times to hitra /Froya and one time to the south of Norway, I believe trysnes. The fishing in hitra was most of the time pretty good but after reading a lot of stories about Soroya I had to see it for my self.

Because I only have about a week to fish I have booked a ticket from Amsterdam to Alta, with stops in Denmark and Oslo. Ticket price is quite reasonable, 302 Euro with SAS. I will be picked up by my parents who are doing a round trip through Norway for 8 weeks with their mobile home. They will pick me up at Alta and then we drive to Soroya, we will stay there from 27-7 till 3-8. All my fishing gear is already in the mobile home, so I dont have any problems with over weight at the airport.

Through the internet I have met a really nice Norwegian guy, he has a 60hp 17ft aluminium boat which we can rent, together with a handhold gps and a fish finder. I have found some GPS locations on the internet on the following link: www.bkfh.se/public/SOROYA/Söröya2005_B.ppt.(if the link doesn’t work you can post in into the address bar) Maybe they are also useful for other people also.

Because there are quite a lot of spots on these maps, I was hoping that someone could give me some more advise on:

- what is a good place to catch large coal fish end of July

- good place for catching large co d

- good place for halibut , some rig information would be really nice

Depending on these places I can find a good take off point, Hasvik or sorvaer.

I have also read a lot about the Storskalltaren, I know that they are not close to soroya, and probably to far for a 17ft aluminium boat. That’s why I was wondering if there is larger boat with guide/captain/professional fisher, who does trips to go over there.

If someone has some information it will be really helpful!!

thanks,

Erik

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 months later...