Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Berkley series one skeletor

I don't have any experiece with the shop, but I have with the rod. It's too fast for a multiplier, I have one but I never use it.

Have a look at Guideline LPXe 11' 20-45g. A more correct casting weigth classification would have been 12-30g. You will not find a better rod for a multiplier.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I don't have any experiece with the shop, but I have with the rod. It's too fast for a multiplier, I have one but I never use it.

Have a look at Guideline LPXe 11' 20-45g. A more correct casting weigth classification would have been 12-30g. You will not find a better rod for a multiplier.

How can it be too fast?

Its a fast, crisp actioned rod I'm after. I broke half the tip section off my 6.6 ft shimano and I can fish effectively with that so a fast ten footer will be an improvement. My other baitcaster is a 7 ft greys and its soft... very forgiving but just too slow and not powerful enough for me.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 months later...

I have two Berkley Series One, one of them with the skeletor design. Love them both, fast and as you say very crisp actioned. They are packed with strength, extremely tough, i have really tortured these rods but they have never let me down, impressive. I dont use a multiplier but ordinary spinning reels loaded with either Fireline or PowerPro, and they cast very well indeed with these lines. I have been using mine for mostly trout and seatroutfishing.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I was just introduced to the skeletor rod, and it looks freakin' awesome, AND it felt like a really sweet rod! Did you buy the rod, atomichaggis?

The price was €120, how does that compare to prices you've seen?

Sweet Jesus I want that rod :hailfs:

I didn't get the Skeletor as I can't find it in a suitable casting weight... all too heavy for my needs.

So hard to find a fast baitcaster in the lighter ranges on this side of the atlantic.

I didn't pay too much attention to the prices as I was gonna buy it in norway at any cost if i could find a suitable version.

I may yet pick one up in fixed spool version tho just to have one:)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I didn't get the Skeletor as I can't find it in a suitable casting weight... all too heavy for my needs.

So hard to find a fast baitcaster in the lighter ranges on this side of the atlantic.

I didn't pay too much attention to the prices as I was gonna buy it in norway at any cost if i could find a suitable version.

I may yet pick one up in fixed spool version tho just to have one:)

What casting weights were you looking for? The guy I talked to had at least the 8-26g, which I'm buying, as well as the 15-40g version. Dunno if they're suitable for baitcasting though..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

What casting weights were you looking for? The guy I talked to had at least the 8-26g, which I'm buying, as well as the 15-40g version. Dunno if they're suitable for baitcasting though..

8-26g would do... but I can only find that in fixed spool versions. Let me know if You find it in multiplier version... really need to find a worthy rod to sit my low profile on.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider