Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Boat rods

I have a WFT 68* 30lbs 7ft North and i'm very pleased with it. I guess i works just as fine in 50lbs. The rod i very nice for baitfishing :D

Is that made by Penn?

Greys Siege 7,6 ft, 48lbs. definetly worth a look.

Mvh Oz

I love the name :D I'll check it out.

What are you going to use it for ? Greenlandshark ? if not, a 30lbs (20-30lbs) should be enough..

Again, talk to Tore Jan ore Frode at Baardsen, both is very experienced boatfisher.. some time since Frode was out though :D

That big halibut with my name on it that I dream of sometimes. Just filling the gaps in my arsenal... I've got a 20lb class ugly stik, now I fancy a stick to beat a beast with.

I could yet go for a 20-30, I'll know better when I handle a few rods... I'm just at the inspiration stage right now. I'll be sure to visit baardsens to waggle a few sticks.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes the WFT 68* north is made by penn.

What you going to use the rod for?

Maby fishing :D he he, just joking....... again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes the WFT 68* north is made by penn.

What you going to use the rod for?

Boat fishing that my other rod can't handle. The 20lber is ok for bridge fishing and boat fishing in the very sheltered local fjord but it goes a bit soggy with enough weight for more challenging conditions.

I might get a boat this year and if I do then I'll want a capable rod. I also fancy some charter trips after halibut or something unforgetable.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 weeks later...

Definately it feels a class down from its ratings in comparison but it felt like it had the crispness that i'm after.

I held the Lawson powerjigger (and a couple of similar rods) and I just felt it was a bit heavy to hold and soggy like an old fashioned glass, stand up rod... a total brute no doubt! seemed a little bit overkill for what I had in mind.

I'll need to ask more questions now ;)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The 68 North 30 lb is a bit to light for the beasts, I use mine to bridge the gap between a couple of 20 lb rods, a very stiff 30 lb rod and the Powerjigger. If you think the Powerjigger is to brutal, take a look as Oz says in Greys direction, wonderful, sensitive rod with good spine!

I'm kinda hoping to take advantage of a local purchase as the tiagra is good value so it's worth getting a deal on the whole setup. Didn't see any greys rods tho. Think the siege is discontinued by greys as well so there are guarantee issues... only current model I like is the longboat which would probably be the frontrunner if it was in stock.

what rods do you use and how would you class them?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Baardsen should be able to get you the Greys rod pretty fast. It is definetly a thing of beauty, and by my opinion, it kicks the Powerjigger ass. and then some.

Here you can see the rod i action...

kvsR20WOQvs

B1EoEPW2EAE

Mvh Oz

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

How does it compare to the antares?... purely in performance.

Have no idea... But it is said to have a bit more back to it. Just as it is clear. I am no expert, but the little I have tried the rods, annd what I`ve heard from people who owns them, the Siege is right up there on the top :)

Mvh Oz

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The price is nice and the cork handle is a bonus. I'd love to waggle one before buying tho... if it feels like the antares in hand and performs better according to those that have used them then its a winner.

Anyone tried them both?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Haven't tried the Greys rods, but it can seem quite hard to find a compromize on a crisp, light rod with the back you want.

Why do you see it as a plus that it has cork handle?

I intend to use it primarily with bait on the bottom so it doesn't need to be a rugged pirker... would be nice if it doesn't snap with a fish on tho.

I prefer cork to EVA foam, feels nicer in the hand. EVA is a bit 'pikey'

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Found this in a Swedish forum:

"När jag köpte spöt så stod jag och valde mellan shimano Antares och detta Edge. Valde detta pga att det känndes lite snabbare än Shimanospöt."

Don't think it's Greys rod, but it was earlier called Edge Siege. Kinetic is the producer. I think Baardsen sold the Edge Siege.

Edit: Egde is a german producer, now bought by Greys.

Endret av Havengel
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I'll need to ask about it in Baardsen then.

Vilhelm has got me thinking now... how does a cork handle stand up on a boat rod? Does it last long? too slippy for heavy fishing? I know I would hate anything else on my fly rods and spinning rods... but I treat them like they are my babies :D

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider