Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Tyrnos II vs Tiagra

næh - the Tiagra is the best, aspecially to the price Baardsen sells it for

Gotta wonder the extra money includes... just can't find the marketing stuff from penn.

Penn international II = 4.5:1 and 2.1:1 ratios and USA quality

Shimano tiagra = 3.9:1 and 1.7:1 ratios and Japanese quality

Big, shiny and reputation as standard on both.

With that and the price in mind you are probably right.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thought the gearing on the Tyrnos were developed for the higher speed? I've got smaller high speed reels which hauls half a kilo far easier than similar sized reels with slower ratio. Up to a certain sinker weight it's the gear effiency that counts, and not the ratio.

I haven't tried the Tyrnos, but hauling a kilo from 300 m with the Tiagra 16 is not a pleasant job either. As long as you're able to lift, reeling in with the Tyrnos wouldn't make much difference. If you put your rod on the gunwale to reel in it is definetly noticeable.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You're just saying that because you have a Shimano-fetish.

They make some good stuff tho... added a shimano spinning rod and reel to my collection lately. they look like good candidates for the new boat gear too.

I'll give them a miss when I upgrade my fly gear tho... that sh#t's just ugly.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thought the gearing on the Tyrnos were developed for the higher speed? I've got smaller high speed reels which hauls half a kilo far easier than similar sized reels with slower ratio. Up to a certain sinker weight it's the gear effiency that counts, and not the ratio.

I haven't tried the Tyrnos, but hauling a kilo from 300 m with the Tiagra 16 is not a pleasant job either. As long as you're able to lift, reeling in with the Tyrnos wouldn't make much difference. If you put your rod on the gunwale to reel in it is definetly noticeable.

Yeah I guess it would have been developed for speed. I read something uncomplimentary about the drag as well tho that put me off a bit.

My charter special seems adequate enough for the lighter end of fishing, I am looking for a bit of a powerhouse now... there will be times I don't have the strength to pump.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Doesnt Tore J use the International?

He uses :

Tiagra

Tyrnos II

International

Tica (goldversion)

TLD II

..and many others,

haven't tried the Tyrnos, but hauling a kilo from 300 m with the Tiagra 16 is not a pleasant job either. As long as you're able to lift, reeling in with the Tyrnos wouldn't make much difference. If you put your rod on the gunwale to reel in it is definetly noticeable.

Skeie har en Tyrnos II som han har brukt til litt grunnere vann etter lange (150-200m) - og om jeg ikke husker helt feil så sa han at Tyrnos ble noe tyngre å sveive inne enn Tiagra. Skal innom Baardsen å sjekke dette med han imorgen (ikke ens ærend da..).

Forøvrig så er det på tide den løken får seg en konto her inne og kan svare selv på alle utsagna jeg tillegger ham :)

Endret av ThorEH
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

He uses :

Tiagra

Tyrnos II

International

Tica (goldversion)

TLD II

..and many others,

Snakka med han i dag - og han bekrefta at Tyrnos II var en del tyngre å sveive inn enn Tiagra. Forævrig fikk jeg kjeft for at jeg langt fra hadde med alle snellene han bruker

Så her kommer de, ihvertfall de som brukes til litt tyngre fiske

Tiagra 16 og 30

Tyrnos II

International

Tica Team

TLD II (i flere størrelser)

TLD (i flere størrelser)

TLD Star

GLD

Formula 10 og 15

Ambiss 10000

Torium

Håper ikke jeg glemte noe nå, for da vanker det vel fik og deng..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Snakka med han i dag - og han bekrefta at Tyrnos II var en del tyngre å sveive inn enn Tiagra. Forævrig fikk jeg kjeft for at jeg langt fra hadde med alle snellene han bruker

Så her kommer de, ihvertfall de som brukes til litt tyngre fiske

Tiagra 16 og 30

Tyrnos II

International

Tica Team

TLD II (i flere størrelser)

TLD (i flere størrelser)

TLD Star

GLD

Formula 10 og 15

Ambiss 10000

Torium

Håper ikke jeg glemte noe nå, for da vanker det vel fik og deng..

Jøss! Og alle er i daglig bruk :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider