Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Speedmaster coregonus

After taking a cod over 5 kilos on my speedmaster 300 ml and seeing KIS's effort on the beastmaster 165UL I'm a little inspired and find myself looking at this coregonus :) how cool is this rod?!!!

just wondered has anyone got one and what do you think of it? also what reel you got on there?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I was thinking more like 5-7 kilo cod :D

I want to take a real good fish on a real light rod... maybe catch a better wolffish this year with one.

Is that a bad Idea?

Sure sounds like one, but you never know before you try! :D

Mvh Oz

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

hehe well what you have to remember is that the coregonus is a "feeder" rod whit weary light and crisp tips so it will probably have some problems when the weight on the other side goes over 5kg :D But it would be weary fun to see what will happen to it if you hook a big fish on it.

On the other hand the beatsmaster 165ul would handle a bigger fish than what I thought was possible. After landing a 4 and 2.1 kg trout on it whit out problems I wouldn’t be afraid if a larger fish would take the bait one day :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The rod cant be to light if you have a good line and no obstacles(?) the fisk can swim into/under/through. One can always tire the fish on the reel, a friend caught a 7kg salmon on av 2-10gram rod last summer.....

The reel on my UL was a Shimano Sahara 2500 with 0.25multi...... I lost a good fisk due to thin line a couple of weks ago and had taken appropiate action :lol:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Well in brut strength its at least high up there. But I don`t have enough experience whit other rods to say that its the best of them all. The coregonus might be just as good but i think it will break before the beastmaster does (but its much cooler to look at :P )….

It is definately a cool piece of kit. I thought maybe the tips were multi purpose rather than just quivers tho.

don't fancy breaking one just to find out how tough it is... ask Elin if I can borrow hers for a while :D

The rod cant be to light if you have a good line and no obstacles(?) the fisk can swim into/under/through. One can always tire the fish on the reel, a friend caught a 7kg salmon on av 2-10gram rod last summer.....

The reel on my UL was a Shimano Sahara 2500 with 0.25multi...... I lost a good fisk due to thin line a couple of weks ago and had taken appropiate action :)

Thats how I figured it... I'm sure I can take a 10kg cod on clean ground on a little rod... if I can infact find a 10kg cod :)

I fancy trying with lighter line tho, just need a decent, smooth, reliable drag.

I thought You had a 750 on that rod... wasn't the 2500 a little big for that rod? If not then my 2500 stella will do the trick, its loaded with 0.17 multi.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider