Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Haugaland Bass catch returns

It's good that there is a local population of Bass, I'm interested in rod and line catches primarily tho... I doubt there are any being taken on rod around here now... Or if there are I'd like to see the statistics side by side to help this years efforts.

I don't think it would be productive to concentrate on bass fishing off season, so I'm trying find the magic numbers and book my days off work to match that.

I believe a few others are also concentrating on Bass this year too so it may help others too.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Just a little info required from those who have caught Bass in the area in the last few years... If you would be so kind...

Day/Month: ????

Approximate Time: ????

Lure/bait: ????

I'll be heading out to Stad in April, way too early for bass but I've heard they frequent the breakers. Will be happy to snoop around and gather some info for late summer fishing (fly?)...

Jim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I'll be heading out to Stad in April, way too early for bass but I've heard they frequent the breakers. Will be happy to snoop around and gather some info for late summer fishing (fly?)...

Jim

I'll be trying fly, lure(fancy imported ones), floating a whole mackarel and rubber eels and anything else I can think of that catches bass.

Any info is welcome.

RE catches: Some surprises right away... 3 caught at midday! Following the usual 'knowledge' that dusk and dawn are good times this means I need a tent and some supplies as I'm gonna be spending a lot of time down there.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

My only two bass ever caught were caught at 15.15 and 15.45 on a trolled Rapala Original S 13cm plug. The first was 1.7kg and the other 1.3kg.

It was on a day in the middle of september. Weather was overcast with moderate temperatures in a well know hotspot here in Mandal.

My next goal is to get them on the fly.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Early and late in the season, when the seatemperature is lower, mid-day catches are common I think.

I caught mine on the Aksnes beach btw

Now if I could predict sea temps then i could stay in bed longer :)

My only two bass ever caught were caught at 15.15 and 15.45 on a trolled Rapala Original S 13cm plug. The first was 1.7kg and the other 1.3kg.

It was on a day in the middle of september. Weather was overcast with moderate temperatures in a well know hotspot here in Mandal.

My next goal is to get them on the fly.

Fly caught bass is many peoples goal... I'll bet its a crazy fight. What speed were you trolling?

Her are some info from a couple of my bass cathes :)

https://www.fiskersiden.no/forum/index.php?...574&hl=havabbor

Sounds like you had a smashing couple of days there!

august/september is looking good I think.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Fly caught bass is many peoples goal... I'll bet its a crazy fight. What speed were you trolling?

Bloody good question. I remember I was doing the usual sea trout speed and hadn't had a sniff, then speeded up a 'bit' at got the first bass almost straight away.

If it helps, I do 1000 rpm with a Honda 35hp for sea trout and got the bass at 1250 rpm. I've no idea what the speed was in knots, as I haven't a speedometer.

The bass on fly goal joins a long list of this year's targets :blink:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

When fishing from the shore, normal speed when searching for fish and faster speeds when targeting observed fish. It's as simple as that!........well simple and simple :)

Trolling from normal to relatively fast.......experimentation is the key here.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Requested last 2 weeks of august and first of september (34-36 I thinks) off work.

If that is granted then the plan is to fish førlandsfjorden (and outside), førresfjorden and Etne.

Gonna try Fly, Bomber and eddystone eel, wobblers and spoons, Floating a deadbait and Groundfishing bait.

That should cover it and put to bed this terrible failure to catch a Westland Bass!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider