Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Big fish end tackle questions

I need to tie me some end tackle and prolly buy some bits n' pieces for my trip up north in the spring and could use a few pointers from those in the know.

Use of crimps on heavy boat rigs: Yes or No?

I quite like crimps and don't like knotting heavy mono but it seems like a possible weak point to me and all the heavy rigs I've seen on the forum seem to be knotted, could use some advice.

Halibut bait rig: Boom or Paternoster?

Halibut hooks: J or circle?

Jigs for Halibut: suggestions?

Tips, Tricks, Pics appreciated too (not just for halibut).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 weeks later...

No problems using crimps as long as you make sure to burn the free ends of the mono and have a proper crimping tool. Crimping is more common than knotting in BG-fishing down south. The reason it's less used here is quite simply lack of good crimps in the stores. Bought mine from Veals, works exellent.

Swivels:

Søvik size 1/0 and 3/0

Owner 6-4/0

Sølvkroken Extreme

Ball bearing swivels test strength more than 50 kg

Use strong split rings instead of snaps.

Endret av Havengel
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Get your self a swager and a handful of double barreled crimps in right dimension. :P

More shopping required then... I've only got round section crimps and small point to cup crimpers. I dont dare use them on heavy gear.

No problems using crimps as long as you make sure to burn the free ends of the mono and have a proper crimping tool. Crimping is more common than knotting in BG-fishing down south. The reason it's less used here is quite simply lack of good crimps in the stores. Bought mine from Veals, works exellent.

I noticed that crimps are a bit on the scarce side here. I don't mind having a go at some knots if anyone has some dependable knots they've tried out on big fish. Not that a big fish is guaranteed but I'd hate to lose one to a lousy connection.

Cheers!

Endret av atomichaggis
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Disse suger ape (hører du Trond).

De roterer ikke ved belastning. Styr unna!

Selv bruker jeg owner og noname svivler fra ebay og de duger så det holder.

Ellers er det ingen problem å knyte tykk mono med uniknuten.

I know they are a little bit sticky, I love their snaps for lighter fishing tho.

Six turns in 1.8mm... thats gonna be tricky.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider