Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Chub Outkast

I have the spod rod 12`. But I haven't tested it yet.

My guess is that since it's so flexibel it can't have very fast action. (carp rods)

But the rod is very slim and you would be suprised that it's really that test curve.

3 ib test curve should do the trick anyway to most of the lakes I guess.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I heard someone say that it was a bit snappier than the typical carp rods and wondered if it might be worth picking one up for light sea fishing.

I Need to fill the gap between lure rods and Century tip tornado UL... need something to ping a decent lead and bait out but still register small bites. A carp rod is an option but a true parabolic action will probably annoy me.

report back when you have tested it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Have you tried the Greys Progidy rod? It has more of a stiff bottom so its suited for banging out heavier leads. Its widely used for method feeder fishing and large pva bags so it takes some beating. I havent tried the Chub except for waving it about down at Baardsen thou.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The spod rod has 5 ib test curve and only 12`long. Stiff Stiff Stiff :lol:

Have you consider buying a heavy feeder rod?

I don't have much experience of course tackle except carp and match rods. I don't want a stiff rod... the century barely registers dab bites so I'm looking for something moderately actioned (or fast with a sensitive tip) but not a floppy stick of rhubarb either. The outkast sounded alright... but a carp fishermans fast and my fast are probably very different :D

Have you tried the Greys Progidy rod? It has more of a stiff bottom so its suited for banging out heavier leads. Its widely used for method feeder fishing and large pva bags so it takes some beating. I havent tried the Chub except for waving it about down at Baardsen thou.

Which greys prodigy rod would that be?... I own a greys prodigy baitcaster and it is soft as sh/te, no backbone whatsoever. It's just a little lure rod but I've caught some big fish on it, it's like playing tug with a pitbull sometimes.

Will this one you're talking about fling a 100 gram lead and bait?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Which greys prodigy rod would that be?... I own a greys prodigy baitcaster and it is soft as sh/te, no backbone whatsoever. It's just a little lure rod but I've caught some big fish on it, it's like playing tug with a pitbull sometimes.

Will this one you're talking about fling a 100 gram lead and bait?

Its the 2,75 carp rod. And yes, it would. I usually use 70-90 grams with it, but I've also used it with stuffed method feeders and it chucks them a long way. And they got it at Baardsen, but I dont think its out in the shop so ask Frode.

Endret av Fiskemannen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Its the 2,75 carp rod. And yes, it would. I usually use 70-90 grams with it, but I've also used it with stuffed method feeders and it chucks them a long way. And they got it at Baardsen, but I dont think its out in the shop so ask Frode.

Cheers, I'll check it out :lol: hope its within the 'birthday present limit'. :D

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider