Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Mjåsund bridge in lovely weather

Spent sunday here in tysvær:

027.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

016.jpg

Pleasant little spot at the entrance of førlandsfjorden. There is a bottleneck directly under the bridge and its only about 7 metres deep so between high and low water the current is fierce but there is always a chance to catch anything coming in or going out.

Weather was simply beautiful :lol: blue skies and a light breeze.

birdseye view of Setting up and getting underway:

033.jpg

044.jpg

the Idea was to toss a bait out and spin in between but due to amount of work getting a grip in the current and almost constant bites I barely got a chance to pick up the spinning gear and when I did the current made it a bit pointless.

the days spinning effort:

077.jpg

Traditional Norwegian artwork:

080.jpg

I think this one is a Munch:

081.jpg

No longer had I cast the møresilda spoon out than the other rod started bouncing and the first of a plague was landed.

First dab:

088.jpg

Gratuitous blue sky shot:

084.jpg

there were of course more to follow. In crap weather I'd have gone home by now but I was really enjoying it today.

This is the life:

128.jpg

After nice cuppa something put a decent bend in the century at last. A combination of strong currents, rough ground and stubborn fish had me hung up no less than three times and on any other day would have cost me some gear but today the connections all held and the century flexed its muscle.

Tight line:

131.jpg

Clever fish hanging me up in the rough :) :

132.jpg

But not for too long:

133.jpg

134.jpg

136.jpg

143.jpg

Eventually i wrestled it from the rocks and it turned out to be a Cod. No great size but one for the dinner anyway :)

This was followed by more of...

these:

151.jpg

...And a little cod that would have fitted in the mouth of the other one.

I'd been having some success in previous weeks with Jelly worms instead of the usual attractors so I tied up some rigs of various dimensions and had another try today.

Slingin one out:

153.jpg

Then a single cloud drifted by and dropped some hailstones on us which resulted in me wearing a jacket for 5 mins before the sun came out and warmed us right up again :)

Rod danced on the Lidl pod once again.

Was of course:

171.jpg

Other oddities that came up included dead men's fingers on mussels and this rather worn looking starfish:

185.jpg

194.jpg

And another one of these:

195.jpg

As the evening drew on the bites died down and the weather only got more beautiful. all that was left was to sling one out:

206.jpg

And enjoy:

213.jpg

All in all not much to shout about in the fish department and I'm knackered from slingin heavy metal around all day. No doubt I'll be like a zombie in work tomorrow but I couldn't care less... I've had a fantastic day :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thats one hell of a catch report. You've just earned yourself a shelter. :lol:

Excellent pics.

Hehe... Was fun, should do more reports really.

Superb pics!

The starfish is most likely a common sunstar Crossaster papposus. Looks like someone has pulled his legs though :)

uwphoto

They are really pretty stars, really impressive to see them underwater when freediving. You can count the baits they've stole by the amount of legs missing :)

Photos are all by the Mrs. with her big f*ck off camera... it ain't at all bad :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Cool report, and what a handsome devil you are :)

I deliberately scruffed up a bit... didn't want to outshine the scenery :o

BTW, I ordered a £10 airflo polyfuse 7000 density compensated sinkIII off tacklebargains... heard any good things about them?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Used tackle bargains a few times without any probs and fast delivery. Great prices and great service. There's others that have also used tacklebargians here in norway with the same experiences as myself, so no worries there.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Used tackle bargains a few times without any probs and fast delivery. Great prices and great service. There's others that have also used tacklebargians here in norway with the same experiences as myself, so no worries there.

Yeh me too ;) I meant the line... I bought it on the basis that airflo sinkers have a good rep. I'd hate to have splashed out £8.75 on a flyline and get a dud :lol:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yeh me too :) I meant the line... I bought it on the basis that airflo sinkers have a good rep. I'd hate to have splashed out £8.75 on a flyline and get a dud ;)

Ah, I'm with ya.

Airflos are amoungst the best sinkers in the world today. Most fisherman and competition fisherman in the UK use them, so that should be a good sign!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Says someone in the south of France ;)

Well the weather has been more of a good Irish spring for the last few weeks, so no way to enjoy the sea as you seemed to do in your report! :P

But it also means plenty of water in the salmon river so, who knows?? :P

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider