Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Multi angled lines

Wouldn't that be the same as when fishers (by profession) set so called "line".

They can do it -henceforth you ought to be allowed to do it too?

It might be that they have been granted permission to do so, so your safest bed would probably be to contact _fiskeridirektoratet_ or similar.

In other words, I don't know:P

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Very informative post, thanks :angry2:

As far as I can make it out it is legal to fish a line no more than 300 hooks. Source being "your coast", fiskeridirektorat publication.... if that applies to me under freediving as well then all is good.

Just hope I'm not doing something naughty tho.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I am thinking about setting a multi angled line out during a freedive session. Does anyone know of any legal issues surrounding this?

As long as you dont use more than 300 hooks you should be fine. At least if you're Norwegian :angry2:

edit. 300 hooks, Norwegians only.

Endret av Fiskemannen
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

As long as you dont use more than 100 hooks you should be fine. At least if you're Norwegian :angry2:

The law says...

"The right to fish

In accordance with the legislation, Norwegian citizens can engage in recreational fishing with the

following equipment:

• Handheld line, fishing rod and one motorized trolling-line.

• Fishing net(s) with collected length of no more than 210 metres.

• Lines with no more than 300 hooks.

• Up to 20 traps, fish pots or lobster pots."

"Alien citizens rights to fish in the sea

All alien citizens, whom are not domiciled to Norway, may pursue sports fishing with handheld equipment

(line, trolling line, or fishing rod), but they are not allowed to sell their catch."

Domiciled?!?!? I live here, permanent address and permits etc... does that mean I can use fixed gear or do I need a passport?

Either way I can use a line... but do i have to hold it? I was only thinking of some 10-20 hooks.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The law says...

"The right to fish

In accordance with the legislation, Norwegian citizens can engage in recreational fishing with the

following equipment:

• Handheld line, fishing rod and one motorized trolling-line.

• Fishing net(s) with collected length of no more than 210 metres.

• Lines with no more than 300 hooks.

• Up to 20 traps, fish pots or lobster pots."

"Alien citizens rights to fish in the sea

All alien citizens, whom are not domiciled to Norway, may pursue sports fishing with handheld equipment

(line, trolling line, or fishing rod), but they are not allowed to sell their catch."

Domiciled?!?!? I live here, permanent address and permits etc... does that mean I can use fixed gear or do I need a passport?

Either way I can use a line... but do i have to hold it? I was only thinking of some 10-20 hooks.

Domicile is a concept of general law. There are many factors which affect domicile but some of the main points are given in the booklet IR20. Broadly speaking, you are domiciled in the country where you have your permanent home. Domicile is distinct from nationality or residence. You can only have one domicile at any given time.

Seems to me you don't have to hold it!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I am thinking about setting a multi angled line out during a freedive session. Does anyone know of any legal issues surrounding this?

Since you live in the west, and freedive, I assume you also have a spear gun...? If so, why bother about setting lines? Spear fishing is so much fun :( Of course, some of the species are a lot harder to catch with a spear gun than with line.....

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yup! According to the "Your coast"-leaflet from Fiskeridirektoratet you are domiciled if you live in Norway on a permanent basis.

You may use a "snikline" in good conscience! :lol:

Good stuff :) , I've got 180 metres of line and 150 leaders, now I just got to workout the logistics of setting a line whilst freediving... a bit of of planning is required.

Some more questions: Do I have to mark a completely submerged demersal line with My details?

Do I have to have a surface marker even if its attached to land and otherwise fully submerged?

Hooks... Circles or Js?

Get arrested? Bring some molotovs and we'll fight them on the beaches! :hailfs:

ACAB!

Rioting in 6mm wetsuit and metre long fins on a sunny day isn't the cleverest thing one could do...

I'm game :)

Since you live in the west, and freedive, I assume you also have a spear gun...? If so, why bother about setting lines? Spear fishing is so much fun :) Of course, some of the species are a lot harder to catch with a spear gun than with line.....

I've got a gun and will be spearing when I set a longline. The target species of the longline is one that I'd think twice about spearing even with the easiest shot in the world, plus I will set part of the line at depths I can't easilly (perhaps at all) hunt at. I'm also keen to learn about longlining for when I finally get a boat.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I'd go for circles, simply because they're supposed to be "self-hooking".

How are you gonna attach the "line"? To the mainland?? Don't you have a boat yet?!^^

I was planning to attach the line to the mainland or some submerged structure depending on where I set it exactly... might have to dive and check out the ground first.

Nah, still ain't got a boat, I'm a bit poor after my holiday I've barely got 20K disposable cash right now but I hope to get something in a couple of months time.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I've got a gun and will be spearing when I set a longline. The target species of the longline is one that I'd think twice about spearing even with the easiest shot in the world, plus I will set part of the line at depths I can't easilly (perhaps at all) hunt at. I'm also keen to learn about longlining for when I finally get a boat.

That's impressive. I tried to bring my camera once while spearfishing, and found that to be a hazzle. I can't imagine wrestling a speargun and a longline :) Since it seems you're good to go, I hope we'll get a report of how it went! Skitt fiske! BTW: is it halibut? I read that it takes pretty robust spears and buoys to tackle them....

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

That's impressive. I tried to bring my camera once while spearfishing, and found that to be a hazzle. I can't imagine wrestling a speargun and a longline :D Since it seems you're good to go, I hope we'll get a report of how it went! Skitt fiske! BTW: is it halibut? I read that it takes pretty robust spears and buoys to tackle them....

Yeah it's halibut I've got in mind but I've only got a single 16mm band firing a pretty soft shaft with a single flopper on, So its a fairly high chance of injuring a good sized fish needlessly if I lose it... and possibly lose all my gear if I don't :)

I haven't dived the spot yet so I might do a little test dive to check out the area first for suitable ground for the line before trying the line out.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I've used an empty 1,5l coke bottle for line float which the line is spun up on. That way you'll only have to either hold the bottle vertical or simply let it go to set the line once the hooks are off. When the sinker reaches the bottom, tie a knot around the bottle neck. You don't have to attach it to the shore unless you use more than 8-10 hooks or expect very big fish. :)

For medium halibut you can use a 5l can and large circles and a smaller sinker in front of the hooks so that it will hold down.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Main problem without anchoring is gonna be the current, its real strong between high and low water on big tides so if I have to bail due to the current then its gonna be hard to recover the gear... much easier with a boat of course.

In anycase it sounds like a simple way to rig a line for use locally in the sheltered fjord for cod :)

What weight sinker do you use?

P.S. One should always expect very big fish :D

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 weeks later...

Don't get caught - problam solved!

Been investigating fishing kites lately from USA. In theory, you can kite out your long line from the beach, slack the line to dump the kite and real the whole thing in when you're ready. Gonna have to order one just to try it.

Given how involved with the coast and fishing activities Norwegians are the chances of being caught doing something illegal are very high so I'd rather stay on the right side of the law... not that I have any need to break it.

It would be impossible to fish a demersal longline from a kite and floating longlines are illegal.

I had a dive at the area to test it out... vis was crap and current was strong. I'll have to wait til I get a boat... which will be soon after I find a place to put a feckin boat :lol:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It would need to be able to drop the line into the water tho as the kite would act as a drogue if it went in... come to think of it, 15 kgs of pull would make a pretty useful sail.

The rules regarding Lobsters are about as strict as they get. Its not permitted to take Lobsters while diving, they are only allowed to be trapped at the correct time of year.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider