Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Another nice day afloat

After thursday's day in the sun with KIS it was time to brave the elements once again, this time to check out a spot round my way that KIS mentioned might be good for some flatfish.

So off I set in the tub armed with a 5-20 gram rod and 2 running ledger rigs with 1/O match hooks... that'll do for flatties.

anchored up right above a pool of some 20 metres and lobbed my rig out and waited on my first flattie. Didn't have to wait long, couldn't have been more than 30 seconds before the first take and what a take it was!

fishin26july002.jpg

fishin26july004.jpg

Damn thing took ages to bring to the surface, it took a couple long runs back to the bottom just to make a point but eventually it was defeated.

fishin26july005.jpg

Nice flattie of some 4 and then some kilos according to the spring weight... felt heavier tho.

fishin26july013.jpg

fishin26july016.jpg

Piles of Dabs followed and my match hook gave up and snapped in a dabs mouth. One rig left i managed another little flattie before I snagged that and dedicated the rest of the day to lure fishing for mackies.

fishin26july030.jpg

Another fine day of carefully targeted fishing :P

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Nah, bottom of the deep pool was silt tho... still got all the sandy bits to explore. The shallow sandy channel we looked at on the map is overgrown with long weed and had at least 6 crab pots in it yesterday and about an hour ago.

The skerries look promising for bass as soon as the holidays end, lots of rock, weed and baitfish.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider