Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

It's over

Sorry to hear about the break-up, but that the way life is.

If you had a permanant job, and paid taxes to your local council then you should have been able to get 'oppholdstilatelse' for firstly 1 yr, then 5 after that expired. With the UK and Norway have a EØS agreement, it's pretty easy to get.

Becoming a norwegian citizen is something else as I've experienced, though I was lucky and had more than enough years, job, norwegian wife/family and qualifications over here that it wasn't a problem.

You don't need a girlfriend to live hear you know, just a job.

Trying to help a fisherman in need ya know!

Endret av Wiggy
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sorry to hear about the break-up, but that the way life is.

If you had a permanant job, and paid taxes to your local council then you should have been able to get 'oppholdstilatelse' for firstly 1 yr, then 5 after that expired. With the UK and Norway have a EØS agreement, it's pretty easy to get.

Becoming a norwegian citizen is something else as I've experienced, though I was lucky and had more than enough years, job, norwegian wife/family and qualifications over here that it wasn't a problem.

You don't need a girlfriend to live hear you know, just a job.

Trying to help a fisherman in need ya know!

Yeah I'm ok on the rules... I got my 1 years oppholdstilatelse but it is void as soon as you quit your job and has to be renewed in anycase for a change of address. The split was a crap time cos I was due to renew it and I would have had another 5.

I'm not really after a passport... Residence would be the ultimate goal tho.

Since I've got an 11 digit number, tax details a grasp of the rules and a bank account a future move should be much simpler... last time I was given so much incorrect information by people not qualified to give me it which left me unemployed for 8 months.

A girl isn't necessary but it helps to have someone who can help with accomodation or arranging some stuff before you arrive... and getting a job in Norway is a lot to do with who you know so having someone do you favours helps.

The main challenge is being able to live in Norway before getting a job as its hard to get a job before arriving.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Atomichaggis:

Du er dyktig til å lese norsk, snakker du også endel norsk?

Hvordan er det egentlig for en engelskspråklig å få jobb i Norge?

I can understand a lot but speaking is harder as I can't form sentences well... grammar is so hard.

It's harder to get jobs if You don't speak Norwegian but it's not impossible either, I never had any problems in my job at Kårstø as a lot of people from all over the world come to work there... many times I was called to sort stuff out as Norwegian colleagues weren't able to understand.

I worked closely with people who couldn't speak any english... They just spoke slowly and clearly in Norwegian to me and we managed.

It's fair to say that Norway has a high level of English language tho and a lot of people are keen to try out their language skills so it's an OK place to work.

I think I'l have to try harder to learn... I got lazy cos i never had to speak Norwegian the whole time :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 weeks later...

Atomichaggis:

Du er dyktig til å lese norsk, snakker du også endel norsk?

Hvordan er det egentlig for en engelskspråklig å få jobb i Norge?

hey atomic

for what its worth m8 i went through the same thing you did ,girl split up mith me and i had no where to go but back to scotland ... things will get better for you m8 and trust me the absolute depression of being back does go away ...

if your really determined to go back you will get there ,its been 2 years since i left and you know what m8 i return in 3 weeks time :o

anything is possible if you really want it bud ..

let me know how you get on

Mark

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

hey atomic

for what its worth m8 i went through the same thing you did ,girl split up mith me and i had no where to go but back to scotland ... things will get better for you m8 and trust me the absolute depression of being back does go away ...

if your really determined to go back you will get there ,its been 2 years since i left and you know what m8 i return in 3 weeks time :)

anything is possible if you really want it bud ..

let me know how you get on

Mark

I've been working on my return since before I left mate... way things are going on the female front tho it might be out east I'm headed in the end.

Have been busy since I got back tho, My wee granny died and I had to go to funeral and meet all my relatives and get very drunk a few times. Done a bit of fishing too and got amongst some wild Brown trout and perch in the hills above Greenock. Had a right wee treat and fished on a pool of some guy who breeds trout down in Lanarkshire and got amongst some big ol brownies :-) Gonna do an all nighter on the river Kelvin in Glasgow and see if there are any Salmon around at the weekend so its not all doom and gloom so far :-)

I'll be back!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider