Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

baits oslo fjord

What do you guys use for bait ?

In my home country "east coast of scotland" we use lugworm dug from beaches ,peeler crab,mussels which i see you have lots of here ,razor "long shellfish that lives in sand ,and a few others ..

see where i come from makeral ,prawns dont really produce fish ,and seeing as ive now been out fishing twice in the oslo fjord and not really caught anything(one torsk) i thought i would ask what the most common baits are ?

Mark

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

What do you guys use for bait ?

In my home country "east coast of scotland" we use lugworm dug from beaches ,peeler crab,mussels which i see you have lots of here ,razor "long shellfish that lives in sand ,and a few others ..

see where i come from makeral ,prawns dont really produce fish ,and seeing as ive now been out fishing twice in the oslo fjord and not really caught anything(one torsk) i thought i would ask what the most common baits are ?

Mark

The most common baits I would say is cooked shrimp and mackerel, but the baits you are most familiar with works good as well. Buy the shrimps frozen with their shells still on. Works like a charm for a lots of species. What type of bait you use depends a bit on what you are fishing for...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The most common baits I would say is cooked shrimp and mackerel, but the baits you are most familiar with works good as well. Buy the shrimps frozen with their shells still on. Works like a charm for a lots of species. What type of bait you use depends a bit on what you are fishing for...

Do you peel the shrimps or leave the shell on ?

Thanks for answering me by the way :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Do you peel the shrimps or leave the shell on ?

Thanks for answering me by the way :)

I usually peel the shrimps, but not always. On bigger hooks i leave some of the shell on, but I always remove the head and the tail. shrimps with the shell on tends to stay on the hook longer too, but for better bait presentation and to keep the bait on the hook for a longer time I like to use bait elastics. Both on mackerel and shrimps.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yeap i use bait elastic as well for the softer baits ,but i can see how leaving some of the shell on its own would work 2 ,iv had alot of cod in scotland full of hardback crabs and starfish so a little shell from the prawns isnt going to put them off .

No, a little shell will not be a problem, and as Triturus says, sometimes, on bigger hooks, leaving the head on could be a smart thing to do as well. I soemtimes leaves the head if I want to use shrimp together with a mackerel when fishing big hooks and big baits. It could be what tips the scale your way :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider