Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Spikey day

Since its already June I figured it was time I done some fishing. I spent the day at Billedholmen on Stjørdalsfjorden which is surprisingly quite nice even if it it is unfortunately placed in Trøndelag and even more unfortunately placed on Stjørdalsfjorden.

I fished small with shrimp and got my first ever Fløyfisk :) a colourful male:

CIMG0097.jpg

Right after that I got my second... rather drab female:

CIMG0104.jpg

Other spikey little finger botherers included two Ulke and a plump little wrasse:

CIMG0116.jpg

CIMG0110.jpg

Apart from those I caught about ten of the smallest sandflyndre I've ever seen.

Not the best fishing in the world but always nice with a new species ;)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Kult, morsom overraskelse. Har du bil? Isåfall kunne vi jo vist deg noen kule plasser lenger ut i fjorden, hvis du blir lei av Billetholmen og mikro sandflyndrer :)

No I don't have a car... My girl drives me to places sometimes tho, but the inner parts of the fjord system here are rubbish to fish in. Only place we have been further out was Hitra and we got bad weather and a little boat that time lol.

Biggest problem I have right now is that most of my equipment is in the UK, all I have right now is my 5-25g speedmaster and flyrod so my fishing is very limited to light bait fishing or the usual trout.

My surf gear and boat gear is all stored at my folks place in UK :lol:

Another problem I'm having is getting hold of mackarel... I haven't been in a single supermarket in Trøndelag (from steinkjær to hitra) that sells frozen mackarel... what the hell is going on?!?!?!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I know, stupid. They have mackerel in some asian shops in Trondheim, but I dont know if there are any in Stjørdal.

I don't think the asian food shop in stjørdal has mackarel. I bought a fresh one at coop mega the other day tho... Cost me 22nok and i blanked :(

What's wrong with herring, since you insist on using mackerel?

I haven't seen any frozen herring that wasn't pickled, smoked, dried or otherwise flavoured either... I'd use it if i couldn't get mackerel but i'm not convinced it is a great bait.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I don't think the asian food shop in stjørdal has mackarel. I bought a fresh one at coop mega the other day tho... Cost me 22nok and i blanked :(

I haven't seen any frozen herring that wasn't pickled, smoked, dried or otherwise flavoured either... I'd use it if i couldn't get mackerel but i'm not convinced it is a great bait.

I was referring to fresh herring, Ravnkloa sells fresh herring and shrimps, and sometimes mackerel later in the summer.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I was referring to fresh herring, Ravnkloa sells fresh herring and shrimps, and sometimes mackerel later in the summer.

Cost of fresh fish is a bit much, especially as it would be going in the freezer anyway. Small packs of frozen fillet are perfect for my requirements... Small freezer here.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider