Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Fishing near Stavanger, help needed

Ben

Dear all,

Good afternoon to everybody. First of all sorry to write this topic in english, but my mother tongue is french and I don't speak Norwegian at all.. (maybe in the future.. ? :wub: )

I explain you in two words what I need: I leave in Belgium and as I'm an airline pilot, I often fly and stop in Stavanger. I'm also a fisherman and I fish in freshwater, I'm mostly intersted by pike, perch, pikeperch, even trouts and other big stuff ..! I use mostly lures and spinners and for info I'm a "catch and release" fisherman.

I'm loking for fishing in Norway since a long time, and I finally decided to make the jump and come next month or in september to Stavanger with my fishing rods, rent a car and go fishing.

So I need your help, Is anybody kind enough to share informations about where to go to enjoy my hobby in your very nice contry ? From the sky, I've already seen lots of very nice lakes, south of Stavanger, but I have no idea if there is fish in it, and to be honnest, in the tourist info office here in Svg, they are not very helpfull with me and they only can provide info in Norwegian.. :)

I thank you in advance for your comprehention and cooperation..

BEN

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Dear all,

Good afternoon to everybody. First of all sorry to write this topic in english, but my mother tongue is french and I don't speak Norwegian at all.. (maybe in the future.. ? :wub: )

I explain you in two words what I need: I leave in Belgium and as I'm an airline pilot, I often fly and stop in Stavanger. I'm also a fisherman and I fish in freshwater, I'm mostly intersted by pike, perch, pikeperch, even trouts and other big stuff ..! I use mostly lures and spinners and for info I'm a "catch and release" fisherman.

I'm loking for fishing in Norway since a long time, and I finally decided to make the jump and come next month or in september to Stavanger with my fishing rods, rent a car and go fishing.

So I need your help, Is anybody kind enough to share informations about where to go to enjoy my hobby in your very nice contry ? From the sky, I've already seen lots of very nice lakes, south of Stavanger, but I have no idea if there is fish in it, and to be honnest, in the tourist info office here in Svg, they are not very helpfull with me and they only can provide info in Norwegian.. :)

I thank you in advance for your comprehention and cooperation..

BEN

http://www.gulesider.no/kart/;jsessionid=czj4bEAKu_hfmNPzJk#lat%3D6560669.01332%26lon%3D342563.53565%26zoom%3D11%26layers%3DB0000%26tab%3Daddress

This a place where you can find places to fish trout, and there is also a river for fishing salmon. Dont know much about the salmonfishing in the area, but there are good opportunities for trout in the lakes. Many of the bigger lakes have the possibility to rent a boat. Some of the smaller lakes north of Øvre Tysdalsvatnet have provided me with good numbers of small trout (some of the smaller lakes might hide a few secrets -_- ). Øvre Tysdalsvatnet also have trout. Some of them big, but you might have to rent a boat to get the bigger ones. A fishing license is bought at the petrol station in Årdal. These places are all close to the road, and easily accessible. If you want pike... You better travel to the eastern parts of Norway... Hope this helped!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

In Stavanger you have Stokkavann and Hålandsvann, there are nice trout in these lakes. Licence to be bought at touristinfo I think, they should at least know were you can buy it.

In september there is autum and in the mountains it can get very cold. Lots of good places in the mountains be be aware of the regulation, many places there will be fishing stop from 15 sept.

Along here:

http://www.gulesider.no/kart/#lat%3D6512572.03844%26lon%3D316070.93579%26zoom%3D11%26layers%3DB0000%26tab%3Daddress

along the road called 504 there are several good lakes. check out:

http://www.504fiskje.no/

and it is in english.

Might be som pike places towards Kristiansand, i dont know. Best pike places are in eastern or northern part of norway. If you are in Bergen there are som good pike places around here.

Hope his was helpful!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi guys,

Thank you for your answers, it helps me...

I think I will plan for a trout and maybe salmon holidays, It looks good to me as I want to stay in the SVG area... thanks also for the advice about wind and rain, nice to know... héhé !

I want to know another thing: the regulation about salmon fishing in Norwegian rivers doesn't say anything about fishing with lures ans spinners but everything I can see on the web is fly fishing related.. So i'm wandering if i could use my plastic and metallic stuff ?

thanks for your help... BEN

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi guys,

Thank you for your answers, it helps me...

I think I will plan for a trout and maybe salmon holidays, It looks good to me as I want to stay in the SVG area... thanks also for the advice about wind and rain, nice to know... héhé !

I want to know another thing: the regulation about salmon fishing in Norwegian rivers doesn't say anything about fishing with lures ans spinners but everything I can see on the web is fly fishing related.. So i'm wandering if i could use my plastic and metallic stuff ?

thanks for your help... BEN

Salmon fishing in the rivers are strictly regulated. Doesnt matter what you throw in the river, you need a licence ;) Some places there are rules that state what type of fishing is allowed, like fly fishing. Youll have to contact the local tourist information to find out i guess.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Salmon fishing in the rivers are strictly regulated. Doesnt matter what you throw in the river, you need a licence :) Some places there are rules that state what type of fishing is allowed, like fly fishing. Youll have to contact the local tourist information to find out i guess.

understood, thank you...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider