Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

New to Oslo

Hello Everyone!

My name is Justin and just recently moved to the Oslo area. I have been an avid fisherman for a long time but I am having troubles finding decent places to fish here. I live just a few minutes away from songsvann and have caught a couple small pike there but nothing too exciting. I have also been to bogstadvannet but I didn't know where i could fish from because of the golf course. Lastly, I have been down to Bygdoy and have caught a few small cod and mackerel. If anyone has some suggestions on a few other places in the Oslo area worth going please let me know. It looks like this saturday is going to be nice weather and I really want to go fishing. Thanks!

-Justin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

There are lots of good waters in Østmarka & Nordmarka, but in the lakes its usually longer between each fish, but then again the fish is bigger. Some good examples for this kind of lakes is Nøklevann and Lutvann in Østmarka. In these waters you usually get Trout, Artic Charr, Perch and rarely the Canadian Artic Charr. There are also lots of smaller lakes with different kinds of fish, but the smaller ones with trout and perch is pretty much always overpopulated and the average size is usually low, but in some of these smaller lakes you can catch both trout and perch at way over 1kg. I hope this helps.

But anyway, what fish do you want to fish for?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

It would be a lot easier to answer if there are specific species or angling techniques your prefer, the Oslo area has probably the largest variety in species and types of fishing in Norway. Furthermore, there are also probably some species and types of fishing you don't have experience with from before, if you want to try something new.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi.

In Sognsvann you will find most oft the pike in the southend. From the dam (where the litle creak runs out and on towards the pier is my favorite for both perch and pike: http://kart.gulesider.no/m/IbMyA

If big pike is your goal, then there are much better huntingplaces outside of Oslo, but there are a few lakes in Oslo that holds nice perch. (My pb for perch in Sognsvann is 1,1 kg and in Bogstad 1,0 but that was some time ago) I usually fish for perch on these lakes in the winter, but jigging works well even in the summertime, especially in the next two months or so as the watertemperature cools down a bit. But expect quite a few hours of fishing between each perch crossing the 500g mark. Bogstad is a bit of a hasle in the summer due to loads of weed and offcourse the golfcourse. :) The southwest end (towards Løveskiold) is your best bet, and easily accesible: http://kart.gulesider.no/m/IbMB9

OFA (Oslomarkas Fiskeadministrasjon) print an excelent book with maps to all lakes covered by their license, and this book is something you want to take a closer look at: http://www.ofa.no/page?id=77&key=18127 It only comes in norwegian though, but if you figure out the norwegian names for the species common in the area you can still use the book, since the infomation is organized in tables, not prosa. And when speaking of OFA, remeber to by their license as well...

Back to the pike: Lakes near Oslo worth looking at for big pike (5 kg+) is Øyern, Glomma (a river), Steinsfjorden, Vansjø etc. In the lakes in Oslo I would consider a 3 kg pike to be a good size fish.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider