Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Fishing from Stavanger to Bergen/Trondheim

Hi all,

I am going to Norway from 01/08 till 16/08. I will be doing a road trip with friends. We like fishing alot so that's one of the reasons for going to Norway :lolu:

We have bought pilkers, shads and all kinds of stuff to fish with in Norway. How is the fishing from both the shore and the boat in Stavanger, between Stavanger and Bergen and in Trondheim (maybe we're going to Trondheim, depending on the amount/size of the fish in Stavanger/Bergen). We don't have our own boat, we will have to rent a boat when we're there.

Our target is to catch cod, coalfish, pollack, ling. It doesn't matter actually, as along as it can grow pretty big :) Is this possible in Stavanger and Bergen?

All tips/information is welcome!

We would like to know some spots where we can fish from the shore near Bergen/Stavanger.

Kind regards,

Blowfishy

Endret av Blowfishy
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi,

I am not an experienced fisherman, and fish from the shore, but I can tell you that the waters around Bergen are swarming with pollack and coalfish, so much so that I regularly fail to bring in anything else. On the uptide you can easily catch 5-10 of these guys in an hour. If this is of any help, I've noticed that in any particular area around here you can either catch one, or the other. In my limited experience, I have never caught both species in the same spot. As far as cod goes, a Norwegian fishing guru told me once that best cod is only caught during months that have letter "r" in them, basically from SeptembeRR to ApRRil.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi just to start of its not the best time for fishing big fish in Norway :)

but its still possible to catch some nice ones.

Normally things get bigger the farther north you go, so if you are after record breaking fish go as far north as you have the time for...

I live 50km north of Bergen and in august we normally fish for conger, rays, flatfish, wrasses. Its also possible to catch descent pollack and if you are lucky the bigger coalfish might be possible from boat. If you want good and big fish for eating, its the best to go for deeper waters 100-400m and fish for ling and tusk. still a bit early for the best fishing but its not totally wrong timing :)

Its good possibilities to rent boats in the area so that is no problem.

Baitfishng in the area from the shore gives you the possibility to fish down to 150m+. And we have a good diversity of species to catch.

This is for example the a tread about a harbour in central Bergen:

https://www.fiskersiden.no/forum/index.php?showtopic=50189&hl=bontelabo&st=0

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hehe, well in general you fish from mid july to October in 10-50m of depth on crappy bottom whit big baits at night :)

If its for eating its recommended to putt out again the biggest once (10kg+) for it to fight another day since we don't know how many there are of them.

And since you are moving to Lindås you will not be far from the best known marks in the Bergen area. So you should have a decent chance of catching a couple if you put down the time for it :)

Here is a couple of old year reports from yours truly:

https://www.fiskersiden.no/forum/index.php?showtopic=30135&st=0&p=356409&hl=hav%E5l&fromsearch=1entry356409

https://www.fiskersiden.no/forum/index.php?showtopic=41887&st=0&p=468409&hl=hav%E5l&fromsearch=1entry468409

Most of the fish is caught in the western norway, and if its something specific you would like just ask. you will find some werry good reports in the "Vestlandet" forum from a lot of different people. Dated from now and back 5-6 years about fishing in the area, so you should learn to read Norwegian :D

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

After viewing your goosebumps-giving reports, if there is anything I'll ask it's just one thing - please take me on as an apprentice! I won't even bring a rod. I will just sit quietly in the corner, pretending to be a rock, watching how the real vikings do it. I'll cut your bait, sharpen your hooks, and keep your drinks cold/hot according to the weather. :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks for the answers! We will also definitely fish at night so I hope we will catch a conger B) Who knows ;)

We will also try the Bontelabo spot. Do you know any more spots near Bergen/Stavanger?

We will also try to fish from the shores at places that are not mentioned here..We have seamaps so we can look for a nice spot.

Kind regards,

Blowfishy

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 months later...