Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Fjordfishing in winter

Hei,

I'm living in Northern Norway for a few months now and have been fishing the fjords around Indre-Troms with great pleasure since august - kasteslukfiske fra land is my favourite activity.

Winter is setting in now and i am wondering what the effect will be on the fish and on the fishing. I know it will be terrible cold ( :coldb:) and the days will be very short, but do particular species of fish for example dissappear in the winter? Since august i had good results with sei, torsk and even a small kveite, but since a few weeks results are declining. And a few days ago i catched a small uer, which is pretty weird if you're fishing from land in my opinion.

And as this is my first post, i would like to say that i enjoy your website/forum very much!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi and welcom to the forum!

Quite a few species will go deeper when the wather temprature declines. However you will still be able to catch others. The kveite will seek deeper, but both sei and torsk will stay within reach. The small uer you cought was probably a lusuer. They can frequently be found quite shallow and are often caught from the shore.

So find your woolen longjohns and hit the shore, the dedicated fishermans season never ends.. :)

Skitt fiske!

Endret av Maritim
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei Maritim,

Takk. It is good to know that i still can catch fish when i am fishing in my longjohns. I got the impresision that things were serieusly slowing down here, while i expected the contrary, that results would be even better in the winterperiod.

And if the weather permits it, i will continue fishing. Problem could be to gain safe access to the water, with snow and ice on the rocks and so on. But we''ll see! And maybe i will try fishing with bait instead of sluk.

I googled "lusuer" and yes, that's the fish i caught; small and with some darker spots.

Hilsen!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider