Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

MrVolcom

Raising the motor was a disaster, it has never gone so slow :( Need to change it back to the original setup. HDS5 is awesome tho :)

Do You have any idea why the speed decreases?

Does it suck air (cavitate)? If so, it's mounted to high.

Does the boat nosedive (overplane på norsk)? If so You need to alter the weightdistribution.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Har vært supportmedlem av banden i mange år. Men kan poste litt om mitt siste innkjøp til sjøbruk ( har også en til ferskvann)

Det er en 420 cm "west commando" som selges under navn som aquaquick, selva osv.

Madammen kom da hjem og fant dette synet, unødvendig og si att det ble lite godt tatt imot.

2013-03-25174026_zps3f2863f0.jpg

Har samme problem som nevnt over, med att kavitasjonsplaten stikker for dypt. Her avbildet med en 25 hk tohatsu. Både båt og motor er kort stamme.

20130402_172806_zpsc04a8302.jpg.

Here she be, ferdig montert. og klar for første prøvetur. Mods kommer.

2013-03-30114535_zps60960092.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Do You have any idea why the speed decreases?

Does it suck air (cavitate)? If so, it's mounted to high.

Does the boat nosedive (overplane på norsk)? If so You need to alter the weightdistribution.

I'm guessing ventilation, it seemed to lose a lot of bite. It didn't rev too high tho, was almost normal. over rev'd on the down side of a BIG wave or 2 tho.

I suspect with the inflatable keel it needed a bit more clearance at the bottom to draw in undisturbed water.

I had all the weight far forward as usual, the bow went up as usual, but instead of coming back down and planing it just seemed to get stuck.

I might try the modification again, but a bit lower, can't be bothered with it right now tho.

Har vært supportmedlem av banden i mange år. Men kan poste litt om mitt siste innkjøp til sjøbruk ( har også en til ferskvann)

Det er en 420 cm "west commando" som selges under navn som aquaquick, selva osv.

Madammen kom da hjem og fant dette synet, unødvendig og si att det ble lite godt tatt imot.

2013-03-25174026_zps3f2863f0.jpg

Har samme problem som nevnt over, med att kavitasjonsplaten stikker for dypt. Her avbildet med en 25 hk tohatsu. Både båt og motor er kort stamme.

20130402_172806_zpsc04a8302.jpg.

Here she be, ferdig montert. og klar for første prøvetur. Mods kommer.

2013-03-30114535_zps60960092.jpg

And the fleet grows :) Welcome! She is a fine vessel indeed.

Be careful with raising the motor if you are considering it, little at a time might be the key.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you , thank you. She is a bit on the heavy side (100 kg) without engine, but makes up for it in comfort. :turned:

I will try and raise the engine a little, as it is now i really have to hammer it to plane out. On half throttle the back end dips a little and create a vacuum, and the prop loose grip when the front rises. Tilting did not do any good. Neither did over or underinflating the keel. Mine is rated to 0.25 psi.

When it does plane out i get water splash over the transom, and a high beam of splash behind the engine. On the other hand it did 28 knots on gps, which is not bad at all.

Somehow i will sort out these kinks i hope, maybe a manual jack plate will do the trick?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I need to gun mine to plane too, but once it planes I can back it off to around half before it drops down again... but with an extra 20hp like you got it would flip over :D

I think 28 knots is a good speed for an inflatable, you are always going to be limited by the hull design, it drags a lot. I'm lucky to get 12 out of mine :(

Raising the motor stopped the annoying splashback for me, but killed the performance completely... I'll see if I can get it right next time.

If you use one of those springlock type jack plates you are going to have other issues with getting the right tim angle and motor height... it has to ride higher as it goes back, not to mention the stress on the plywood transom.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hm, now that you mention it....The setback could result in more issues.

I will try out a few different heights and settings and see what i come up with. I can live with the planing issue, but the splash was annoying.

Ps: If you dont have one, these are pretty handy. There is also one with battery in it.

http://www.flak.no/index.php?expand=11&show=11&topmenu_2=11&PrCatNo=13035&MainPrC=13000&ProdNo=1038438

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yeah, i was thinking to bend a piece of 6+ mm steel over the transom and make some slots for adjustment.

If i lay a piece of steel on top of the transom too, i could make some bolts on each side of the engine to set the height without taking of the engine each time. A transom jack/elevator so to speak, just loosen 4 bolts, set height and clamp down again.

I will make some calls tomorrow and see if i can have one made asap.

Endret av stranger79
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Been out all day. Raised the engine 30 mm with a block of wood out of the 75 mm it sticks down below. Complete failure.

Lowered it to 20 mm. Little better, at lest the thing would do 5-6 knots.

Lowered it to 10 mm, still not happy.

Original setting. 65 kg Wife in front, performed like shit. and the bottom started flexing before plane. To much weight.

Original setting, 65 kg insulted wife in the back with me and the thing was moving better then with just me.

Added some more weight in the back, around 30 kg and the thing run great!( and the ms was pleased she was not heavy enough) .......

In other words, added weight in the back helped alot. Maybe i just need a 50 hp? :-P

Endret av stranger79
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yup, went through the tilting from 2 to 4 notch with ballast up front. It seems to be happy in nr 3 with passenger in back. With just me its not happy in 2-3-or 4, so cant get it right.....yet.

It just seems the tubes on this contraption just stick to far out in the back to perform right ( these tubes are not tapered like on zodiac etc. But round) . At next go i will try a setback and see how that goes.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

with just me in the boat i need to trim right into the first hole and sit at the front of the boat.

What is the max engine rating on your boat? Stabiliser cones are pretty important on inflatables from what I undestand and many top brands have rounded ends instead of conical ones. I'm sure there is some point to them being that way.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Should think so, on the other hand these are budget models. Results may vary from country of origin. China Hifei Fishing tackle.

Mine is rated for 30 hp, and 7 people. Or a 1080 kg. Pressure is rated to 0.25 bar. Overinflating is not healthy, but i have given that a go too. This model has the plywood floor with alu joints.

I had a zodiac milpro 420 cm before this one, wich was pretty much all patches in the end. Never had these issues with that. Im on a slim boat budget nowadays. But im starting to miss that zodiac.

Endret av stranger79
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 weeks later...

Har brukt båten mye nå. Fungerer glimrende, alle mine problemer kommer av att tohatsuen bare rett og slett er for lang selv om den er kort. Fikk prøvd ut en 40 hk mercury på den av nytt fabrikat, og det ble noe annet.

Og såklart fikk jeg båtplass etter jeg kjøpte den 300 meter fra hus. Så mulig den skiftes ut med en RIB med tiden.

Setet polstret, da ræven fikk gjennomgå på lange turer.

20130426_211846_zps98d05299.jpg[/url

In action. Fremre toftefester var ikke så verst som midlertidige stangholdere. Men limbare holdere er bestilt.

20130426_202821_zps9827e15a.jpg

Land o`hoy i bergen havn for en kveldspils på zachen.

2013-05-07203724_zps44950205.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Nice, i have been wanting one of those too. Would be fun to see a all pimped out inflatable though. :-)

Im wishing for bigger engine, and a steering console with a sofa. But then again its still a soft bottom inflatable, so a ridgid inflatable next time. Found some really good looking chinese ones. If they are any good, ill get one.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I thought about mounting the transducer on the inflatable but then I'd have to drop the wheels and the ducer would get all banged up. I'll keep the inflatable tho, maybe add a few more mods for fun, if I get time and money.

Chinese stuff is always a gamble. My boat is chinese and almost good as new, no leaks, no delamination around the seams, but it has been washed and packed away after every trip, could be a different story if left in the sun for a while.

My engine is chinese, a yamaha copy... first one lasted 3 hrs before a valve spring broke and left me drifting in the fjord. replacement motor has been relatively problem free tho.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Im gonna keep mine for now too, and see what i do with it. Im impressed with the handling and stability of it, and plenty room for 2 fishermen. No leaks so far here either, and i even ran into some roots and rocks in the shallows. Still good. I have a cover on the way as it will be sitting at a dock for some time now.

Have had some chinese machines over the years, dirtbikes, buggys, quads and it has not been a bad experience at all so ill give a ridgid a go too. i have gone clear of the cheapest things though.

If you could find another way to attach those dingy wheels it could work. Maybe a clamp of sorts so you can take them off when out, and throw them up front. My solution is one of these:

http://www.jula.no/battralle-150kg-650385 But its extra stuff to assemble and drag around, and heavy. so unless you have a van, its alot off thingies to put in a normal car.

Im loving this thing, dear santa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sskl_cO4zr4

Endret av stranger79
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 month later...

Hei:) nettopp kjøpt meg denne:http://www.xxl.no/Root/Villmark/Båt-og-padling/Båt/Deluxe%2C-Aluminum-Deck-båt/p/1068245_1_Style og lurer egentlig på om det går med en en elektrisk motor som f.eks denne:http://www.jaktogfriluft.no/display.aspx?menuid=31233&prodid=7695 med ett 100 amp batteri som en midlertidig løsning til jeg får kjøpt meg en ordentlig motor:)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei:) nettopp kjøpt meg denne:http://www.xxl.no/Root/Villmark/Båt-og-padling/Båt/Deluxe,-Aluminum-Deck-båt/p/1068245_1_Style og lurer egentlig på om det går med en en elektrisk motor som f.eks denne:http://www.jaktogfriluft.no/display.aspx?menuid=31233&prodid=7695 med ett 100 amp batteri som en midlertidig løsning til jeg får kjøpt meg en ordentlig motor:)

Ikke en løsning for Trolling Master Bornholm, dvs åpent hav, men svaret er i bunn og grunn "ja".

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 4 months later...

Hadde en liten tur på fjorden med gummibåten idag. Blikk stille, sol og iskaldt! Hadde hjertet i halsen da gummibåten fungerte som isbrøyter ut fra Sandvika. Men det gikk heldigvis bra. Fikk en sei som jeg fordelte på to hummerteiner. Neste uke skal det bli litt plussgrader så satser på at det ikke er is da så jeg får hentet teinene, hehe. :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 month later...

Etter utallige mange fine turer i 2013 og en nådeløs grunnstøting på nye jaktmarker, så har maskinen blitt byttet ut på gummibaljen min. Og gikk for ny motor, en evinrude e-tec 30 hk. , som jeg ikke angrer på ett sekund. I kjølvannet forsvant de fleste prestadaproblemer. Ingen mods har blitt utført i det hele tatt, da den foreløbig fungerer så bra att jeg vurderer og kjøpe en enda større når jeg har slitt denne ut. Fiskemessig blir fangsten så bra som i en annen båt.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/wj7au07hzixm07b/7X4G6AlgOQ

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/owyqh444bs7mbkk/ZdljhnC9h7

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/4xivokv5s6f3vgu/pfdWgPcvC5

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider