Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Boat requirements in Norway

Both Pioneer and Askeladden are classics. But if that Pioneer has been stored in the sun, the plastic (these are not fiberglass) looses its flexibility and it becomes britle if its really old. Try pressing it, it should feel "softish". You can not repair this the same way as with fiberglass, it can be done but it`s a very different process.

Askeladden 16`to big? That depends more on you then the boat. :) Having a roof to crawl under can be quite nice here in Norway. :D

I would need a boat licence for a that Askeladden with that engine,i am really after something smaller so i can get used to loading trailers and safety and all that kind of stuff first because ive never had a boat before.

So today iam still looking and waiting and waiting and waiting on the right boat to appear lol

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I havnt got a boat yet but i was looking for places i can launch from.

Can anyone tell me about

Holmenskjaeret ?

I see its free to use the slip but where do you park if you have a trailer?

I fished not to far from there last summer from my kayak and i had some cracking fishing so i figured it would be a good place to start with the boat.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Just southwest for the launch. The big parking lot. I believe it is free. They did do a whole bunch of work at the parking lot, so not 100% sure. Otherwise it would be the parking lot straight west.

Awesome .i looked on the maps and i can see where you mean. :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I would need a boat licence for a that Askeladden with that engine,i am really after something smaller so i can get used to loading trailers and safety and all that kind of stuff first because ive never had a boat before.

So today iam still looking and waiting and waiting and waiting on the right boat to appear lol

No you will not. You were born before 1 January 1980. So you do not need certificate of boatmanship in order to drive a pleasure craft of more than eight metres in length or with an engine bigger than 25 horsepower. As long as your craft is no more than 15 metres in length

Endret av Afre
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

No you will not. You were born before 1 January 1980. So you do not need certificate of boatmanship in order to drive a pleasure craft of more than eight metres in length or with an engine bigger than 25 horsepower. As long as your craft is no more than 15 metres in length

Really ? so i 100% do not need a licence for this http://www.finn.no/finn/boat/used/object?finnkode=64777267

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Really ? so i 100% do not need a licence for this http://www.finn.no/finn/boat/used/object?finnkode=64777267

Yes since you are quite old :fish: , that would say born born prior to the 1st of January 1980. The rules from the 1st of May 2010 about a certificate of boatmanship do not apply to you. If you want to go all in, and still not want to be regarded as flamboyant, but more humble. The meek shall inherit the Eart you know. I personal would go for this one

http://m.finn.no/boat/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=62190037&q=princess+48&ref=fas

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yes since you are quite old :fish: , that would say born born prior to the 1st of January 1980. The rules from the 1st of May 2010 about a certificate of boatmanship do not apply to you. If you want to go all in, and still not want to be regarded as flamboyant, but more humble. The meek shall inherit the Eart you know. I personal would go for this one

http://m.finn.no/boat/forsale/ad.html?finnkode=62190037&q=princess+48&ref=fas

Thanks i think :lol:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,i eventually settled for that 16 ft Askeladden :)

Ive had the boat out twice on the Tyrifjord so far and the launching is easier than i thought it was going to be which is of great relief.

I have also fitted a Lowrance HDI 4 on it which works great ,i also tried a little light trolling but the 2 stroke 30hp outboard kept on cutting out on low revs,slowest i could get it going without cutting out was about 3kph.

I can increase the revs to keep it alive but then that effects the slow trolling speed.

I have ordered some redex from Britain that i know is good for cleaning out petrol injection engines so i will see how that goes,if that doesnt work i will look into getting the carbs stripped and cleaned.

i will also replace the fuel line tomorrow because it might be to much air getting into the system.

I do have an old electric outboard that i gerry rigged to run on a kayak that i might gerry rig back to the boat just for trolling.

So i have lots of little jobs to do and alot of learning but i dont mind because fishing is my passion :icecream:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Congrats on the boat!

If you mix the oil directly in the petrol, using two petrolcans might be a good idea. One with the normal oilmix for high speed transportation, and one with half of the oil for trolling. (This is how I did it back in my days with 2T). Using two small trollingankers ("drivanker" in Norwegian) is another trick, one on each side of the boat.

If trout is your target, you want to hold around 2,4-2,7 knots at this time of year in Tyrifjorden.

Btw; I keep my own boat at Storøen, so you are right in my neighbourhood.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Congrats on the boat!

If you mix the oil directly in the petrol, using two petrolcans might be a good idea. One with the normal oilmix for high speed transportation, and one with half of the oil for trolling. (This is how I did it back in my days with 2T). Using two small trollingankers ("drivanker" in Norwegian) is another trick, one on each side of the boat.

If trout is your target, you want to hold around 2,4-2,7 knots at this time of year in Tyrifjorden.

Btw; I keep my own boat at Storøen, so you are right in my neighbourhood.

Hi Neighbor :wave:

I have a smaller prop that also came with the boat so that should drop my speed for trolling,if the engine still wants to cut out i will try your other ideas with the mixing of oil and the side anchors.

I live up at the end of the Nordfjorden up the river and the boat will be moored at the back of my house from next year.

Yes it will be mainly trout fishing i do in the Tyrifjord with the odd trip to the Drammensfjord and probably the odd seafishing trip to the Oslofjord and other areas for bait fishing mackeral/torsk ect.

Today as i said i will change prop,sparkplugs,fueline ect and i have a little idea for a brokmans downrigger i will make and share a little latter on.

It might look crap but it will get me fishing which is the main thing. :thumbsup:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Here is my Diy downrigger.

The rod is an old boat rod that i never used because it was to stiff.

The Real is a cheapy from ebay that holds 100kg braid.

The weights are from my weightlifting set but i dont use 0.5 and 1kg weights so they have a use in something else now.

The tails are just Ikea cutting board cut up with a hole the same diameter as the weights.

The clips are Scotty downrigger clips .

This gives me a 1kg and 2 kg downrigger

post-31609-0-35254200-1445333038_thumb.j

post-31609-0-26180200-1445333087_thumb.j

post-31609-0-85030200-1445333098_thumb.j

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 weeks later...

I had the boat out on the tyrifjord last weekend but i didnt catch anything hahaha

The downrigger thing i made worked great ,i could see it on fishfinder and i had it down about 20 meters because i think i could see the thermocline ? down at 25 meters ...does that sound right?

Anyways sorry if i got in anybodys way because i did see another couple of boats :)

also one last thing i used 25liters of fuel trolling is that alot ? i went nearly everywhere at about 2-3 knots over 6 hours.

Maybe i need to get a smaller trolling engine .

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Unless You fish for char (røye) then hoist that downrigger up to 10 meters or so.

With your boat and engine 25L over 6 hours sounds about right. Old two strokes do use a bit of fuel while trolling. My 80HP fourstroke would use about the same. With my 6HP fourstroke i can go trolling for 2-3 days on 12L. Size (and age) does matter. ;)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Unless You fish for char (røye) then hoist that downrigger up to 10 meters or so.

With your boat and engine 25L over 6 hours sounds about right. Old two strokes do use a bit of fuel while trolling. My 80HP fourstroke would use about the same. With my 6HP fourstroke i can go trolling for 2-3 days on 12L. Size (and age) does matter. ;)

So its a second smaller outboard i need then ,thats a good solution because i was starting to think it was going to cost me a fortune in fuel otherwise.

Just out of interest how would i fish for char ? i cant remember ever catching one.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Trolling like now with downrigger, total depth around 20-30 meters and your lure just above bottom and up to 4-5 meters above bottom.

Second option is vertical jigging.

Keep in mind that their spawningtime is coming up now, do they are on the move.

Ok thanks man :)

Endret av Fisherman007
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend a good cheap place for mooring on the west side of the oslo fjord ?

I am thinking more for next year and i want to get an idea of prices.

Also can you pay in monthly installments in these kind of places ?

Endret av Fisherman007
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Are you thinking summer or winter?

When I have keept my boat in the O-fjord during winter, I have used Killingen Båthavn on the southwest side of Bygdø. It has what we call "bobleanlegg", ie the water around the dock is airated to keep it from freezing. This combined with short access to the fjord means you can usually go from the dock and out into the fjord all through the winter. I spent 200+ hours in the boat in the O-fjord last winter from November through March.

In the summer Lakseberget might be worth a look, it's in Sandvika. But this area freezes up in the winter so your season is limited. Quite a few have their boats at Lakseberget in the summer and Killingen in the winter.

Pricewise Killingen is very reasonable in the winter, I have no idea what it costs in the summertime since i avoid the O-fjord like the plague in the summer. :D

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Are you thinking summer or winter?

When I have keept my boat in the O-fjord during winter, I have used Killingen Båthavn on the southwest side of Bygdø. It has what we call "bobleanlegg", ie the water around the dock is airated to keep it from freezing. This combined with short access to the fjord means you can usually go from the dock and out into the fjord all through the winter. I spent 200+ hours in the boat in the O-fjord last winter from November through March.

In the summer Lakseberget might be worth a look, it's in Sandvika. But this area freezes up in the winter so your season is limited. Quite a few have their boats at Lakseberget in the summer and Killingen in the winter.

Pricewise Killingen is very reasonable in the winter, I have no idea what it costs in the summertime since i avoid the O-fjord like the plague in the summer. :D

Thanks again Erik ,ive sent a few emails to a few places and i will see what answers they will give me.

If i can i wil try and get a place further down nearer the west side of the Drøbak area because ive fished down there before even in the summer and had great days or i might try and get a place in the Drammensfjord because ive had alot of good days there as well ..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider