Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Fishing in Stavanger

danielece

Hello to everybody!

I'm sorry for writing in english but I don't know the norwegian....I hope there aren't problems.

Anway, I'm living in Stavanger Sentrum and I haven't car. I would like if someone expert could suggest me where is it possible to practise fishing on the coast ( any suggestion about the fish and the related right period is welcome) and eventually where is it possible to buy the right equipment. 

Thank you and regards

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 months later...

If you live in Stavanger, I would suggest Svankavigå - close to Badedammen. It might not be the best this time of year, but during summer and autumn it's teeming with fish, and it's hard not to catch a few good ones in my experience. When you exit Coop Prix Badedammen, look straight ahead, and you're pretty much looking right at it. In the bay there, or out towards the city-bridge are good spots. Depending on what your're fishing for, summer and autumn you can catch a lot of wrasse all over Stavanger. Just use some shrimp, and you'll haul up a ton of them.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Is is not recommended to fish that close to the city centre due to pollution, and you will find signs that says as much. Since you have car you should drive north and fish outside marinas(mekjarvik) or deep docks where it is allowed(ytre tasta/randaberg), or go even further up through the tunnel and fish on or below the bridges here (Askjesundbrua, Åmøybrua) and other places accesible by car.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 year later...