Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

fishing Oslo fjord in march

stumpy

hei, i am hoping to travel to oslo in mid march and would like to try the sea fishing. Is there any kind person who could give me some tips on places to fish from the shore and what i might catch.

tusen takk

bob

ps. i forgot to say that i am slightly disabled and would be using public transport to get around.

i would be very grateful and happy to get some tips

thank you in advance

Endret av stumpy
wrong title
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Bob,

depending on the exact time you are here we can go fishing together. I am also fairly new to Oslo (1 year) but was out quite a bit. As far as I understood it is still a bit early for sea trout but other species like cod or hvitting should be possible to catch. There are many fishing places around and I even have some maps. So if you are interested write me a message. Also have a car

Cheers

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Mid-march is not too early for seatrout, it is very often good throughout the Winter. This year it is a bit colder than usual, but I think you should opt for the seatrout. And what else? OK, in the inner basin there are some saltwater species, but further out, where I am Fishing, I haven't seen anything but seatrout for years. However, seatrout means moving around, a mobile type of Fishing, either flyfishing or spinning. Float-Fishing With baitfish (deadbait) is the way to go if you want a more stationary type of Fishing. Get one of the big floats (slider) used by the coarse-anglers, a smallish treblehook and Fish shallow (1 meter) bays where the sun warms the water on an early spring day. Some shops sell frozen sprats (bait).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi

I do'nt know too much about fishing in inner areas, but since no other mension it, you have some possibilities on the east side. the passenger boat to nesodden takes you to a fairly good area, and you can take bus to fiskvollbukta- ingierstrand. There is lots of busses passing there.

https://kart.gulesider.no/m/MxxZa

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 weeks later...
Den 6.2.2018 at 14.23, stumpy skrev:

hei, i am hoping to travel to oslo in mid march and would like to try the sea fishing. Is there any kind person who could give me some tips on places to fish from the shore and what i might catch.

tusen takk

bob

ps. i forgot to say that i am slightly disabled and would be using public transport to get around.

i would be very grateful and happy to get some tips

thank you in advance

Hi, take bus 85 to Ulvøya via Malmøya from Oslo Central Station.(Routes at www.ruter.no) The bus stops at several good places: Mailand at Ormsund (bait & lure) cod, sea trout and flatfish at this time of year. The latter near the brigde. You can fish both sides of the strait between Ormøya and Bekkelaget. (North) The bus ends up at Ulvøya, take right from bus stop down to the sea and you will find a nice beach (Sydstranda) which is a nice place to fish cod and sea trout with lures and fly at this time of year. Fish from tennis court at south eastern tip of island and as far west you can go. (Privat property will stop you after a  while.) You do not mention how disabled you are - but if you are able to walk 20 minutes; get of bus at Malmøysund (at the shop, end station at this island) and walk southwards (and then west after a while) towards Solvik/Skinnerbukta at west side of island. (Just follow signs) Cod, sea trout and flatfish (bait), sometimes also smal shoals of medium/small coalfish in this area. Very nice area, you can also fish your way around the south tip of the island from this point, several kilometers with nice coastline. Deeper water can be reached from shore at south/west tip of island, can hold surprises - larger coalfish, nice cod and seatrout. 

Map: https://kart.1881.no/?query=malmøya

Feel free to call me 9006 1894 for information  - I live nearby. 

Finn

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei Finn,

thank you  so much for your very helpful response. that will most certainly be helpful to me. very detailed and good information. I'm sure to get down that area with the info. my slight disability doesn't affect walking, i lost most of the fingers on my right hand through an accident so it's only casting is fun lol

i am really looking forward to my visit and hope i can manage to catch a dinner or 2  ;) oi just hope i have the right lures and the fish are hungry :):) 

thanks again for the tips

tight lines to you or as i believe you say dritt fiske

bob

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi i dont want to disappoint you, but there is quite much ice around in that area now. I passed there yesterday. Maaybe it will be gone in afew weeks, but the weather forecast is not very promising. I could not see the west side of malmøya from the truck, but there might be some possibilities in skinnerbukta and solvika.

https://ruter.no/globalassets/rutetabeller/bat/b10-rutetabell-02042017-korr1.pdf

Here is the times for the boat to nesodden i mensioned. It can be an alternative if there is too much ice around malmøya

And dont worry too much about lures. Any lure with herring shape and colors in smaller sizes will do, the fish is hungry at this time of the year. Specially the sea trout

Endret av cannonbang
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutter siden, erik skrev:

That would depend mostly on winddirection. There is no solid ice there, but the wind can blow remains of broken ice into the bay. Yes, seatrout/ cod/ flounder would be your most likely catch.

Ok great thanks. YR says Norteastly winds, so i guess that would mean wind from land.. So hopefully no ice :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Robin, any locations that you recommend in particular right now? I am travelling with work once a month currently to Oslo. Tonight I fished for 4 hours, from roughly in front of the Radisson Blu in Fornebu round to the Sjøflyhavn restaurant and across the bay there. Spinning from 6pm to 10pm with 20 gram lure recommended by the fishing shop on Lyse Brygge, but no sign of fish at all.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hey guys! Awesome forum. So I’m trying my luck for sea trout. I’m here until the 24 April. If anyone is keen to join, pls let me know!

i did try yesterday at Solvik and Sydstranda. No luck. Saw no rises or no chases. Was using a spoon and a paddle tail drop shot. Maybe waters too cold?

I generally fish in South Africa. Generally action is quite fast and a fast retrieval and have been told the retrieval should be quite slow due to very cold waters and fish being sluggish. Need to try find a technique as reeling in slowly with a lure doesn’t feel right  . Any tips or places that you guys suggest? 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

17 timer siden, Anthony Kobrowisky skrev:

Hey guys! Awesome forum. So I’m trying my luck for sea trout. I’m here until the 24 April. If anyone is keen to join, pls let me know!

i did try yesterday at Solvik and Sydstranda. No luck. Saw no rises or no chases. Was using a spoon and a paddle tail drop shot. Maybe waters too cold?

I generally fish in South Africa. Generally action is quite fast and a fast retrieval and have been told the retrieval should be quite slow due to very cold waters and fish being sluggish. Need to try find a technique as reeling in slowly with a lure doesn’t feel right  . Any tips or places that you guys suggest? 

Hi, water is not to cold. The places you mentioned should be OK at this of year. I am going out tonight :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Soo.. i fished a few hours at Bygdoy again on Saturday :) Nice weather, had two takes, 2-3 followers and saw a jumping seatrout :) So seems to be lots of fish :) One guy who was using shrimp as bait cought one not to far from us and another guy using lures cought two i think :) Nice piece of water, tried some other spots out then my normal ones (thanks for the tips!) I just love it, so much more fish then im used to, will be lots more fishing in oslo for me this year i hope :)

oslo-1_5ad3a0d02a6b2273272105e7.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I've been trying out the stretch between Solvik and the southern most tip of Malmøya a few days this last week. Haven't seen much activity on the surface and haven't met too many that have had any luck. Apparently one guy got two seatrout there today, and someone had caught a 2kg+ cod yesterday or the day before. I've gotten something small to nibble on my lure twice, but never got to see what it was before it fell off.

May have to break out the flyrod and give that a shot instead. For others fishing the stretch, hope to see you there and please report if you get anything. Atleast then the rest of us will know that it's not a complete waste of time ;)

Skitt fiske!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

10 hours ago, Kustvatten said:

Soo.. i fished a few hours at Bygdoy again on Saturday :) Nice weather, had two takes, 2-3 followers and saw a jumping seatrout :) So seems to be lots of fish :) One guy who was using shrimp as bait cought one not to far from us and another guy using lures cought two i think :) Nice piece of water, tried some other spots out then my normal ones (thanks for the tips!) I just love it, so much more fish then im used to, will be lots more fishing in oslo for me this year i hope :)

oslo-1_5ad3a0d02a6b2273272105e7.jpg

That’s awesome :) I should be heading out today to throw a line. Bygdoy? By the Fram museum?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider