Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

No Experience in Norway

Ben Birdwell

Hello! 

I am spending 14 days in Norway beginning May 25, 2018. I will be flying into Oslo and traveling by car from there. I have a lot of experience fly fishing for rainbow, cutthroat and brown trout in other areas of the world. Can anyone give me some places to look into along with hatch patterns for early June? 

Any tips are welcome! 

Thank you! 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

7 timer siden, Ben Birdwell skrev:

Hello! 

I am spending 14 days in Norway beginning May 25, 2018. I will be flying into Oslo and traveling by car from there. I have a lot of experience fly fishing for rainbow, cutthroat and brown trout in other areas of the world. Can anyone give me some places to look into along with hatch patterns for early June? 

Any tips are welcome! 

Thank you! 

Ben! Its Norway! :) You at least have to try for searun trout or some other saltwater species :) The Norweigan coast is in my opinion one of the most dramatic in the world.. Sea, fjords, mountains... Beautiful. Or are you mainly targeting freshwater trout?

Endret av Kustvatten
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Oh yes, several hundred and most of them have trout (salmo trutta) which is the species you will most likely get in contact with using a flyrod. A bike is a major bonus, the gravelroads you see on the map are not for driving. (You need a special license to drive a car on those forest-roads, and you will not get that so hiking or biking are your options.)

You can use your fishcat in these lakes as well as the Oslofjord:

Nordmarka: Aklangen, Bjørnsjøen, Bogstadvannet, Fyllingene, Fjellsjøen, Gjerdingen, Hakkloa, Harestuvannet, S. Heggelivann, Helgeren, Katnosa, Kobberhaugtjern, Rottungen, Sandungene, St. Skillingen, Sognsvann, Spålen, Storflåtan, Strykenvatnet, Svarten, Trehørningen, Vesleflåtan, Ørfiske og Øyungen
Bærumsmarka: Burudvann, Trehørningen og Østernvann
Lillomarka: Aurevann, Steinbruvann og Romstj.
Østmarka: Børtervann, Fløyta, Fri-Elvåga, Geitsjøen, Grinderen, Krokvanna, Lutvann, Mosjøen, Murterudvann, Mønevann, Nøklevann, Rausjøen, Rolandsjøen, Røyrivann, Stensrudtjern, Sværsvann/Setertjern, Syverudtjern, Tappenbergvann og Tonevann
Asker:

Dikemarkvanna

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2018 at 6:38 AM, Kustvatten said:

Ben! Its Norway! :) You at least have to try for searun trout or some other saltwater species :) The Norweigan coast is in my opinion one of the most dramatic in the world.. Sea, fjords, mountains... Beautiful. Or are you mainly targeting freshwater trout?

I’d love to catch saltwater species! Not sure if successful or popular Norwegian fly patterns! Any advice in that regard for wade fishing in the surf?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

5 timer siden, Ben Birdwell skrev:

I’d love to catch saltwater species! Not sure if successful or popular Norwegian fly patterns! Any advice in that regard for wade fishing in the surf?

Anything resembling a baitfish or a shrimp :)

Some spots on a map im working on.

http://scandinaviancoasts.blogg.se/2018/april/working-on-a-fishing-spot-map-for-oslofjorden.html

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider