Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Getting the fish from the plants

Hi!

I am trying to fish on the open sea for cods. Most of the time when I have a bite on my bottom-fish rig, I set the hook, and at once I’ve been taken into the plants by the fish. Sometimes I manage to land the fish, if it is smaller fish, but most times, my line breaks there. What is the way to land those fishes? I feel by the bite that those ones I cannot land are quite big ones.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1 time siden, Popa Gergő skrev:

Hi!

I am trying to fish on the open sea for cods. Most of the time when I have a bite on my bottom-fish rig, I set the hook, and at once I’ve been taken into the plants by the fish. Sometimes I manage to land the fish, if it is smaller fish, but most times, my line breaks there. What is the way to land those fishes? I feel by the bite that those ones I cannot land are quite big ones.

Are you using multi or mono. if you are using multi i would recommend you to use a leader of mono.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Stick to using one hook on the rig, the second or third hook will almost always get you into trouble. You'll always risk that the sinker gets stuck too. When fish hide like that i sometimes have just put my reel in free spool and wait until the fish starts moving. When you see movement let it swim for a few seconds and then reel in hard. If it's still stuck it's probably the sinker, so use a thinner mono between rig and sinker to break it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 months later...