Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Fishing from shore Oslofjord

Brian

Hi, I am sure this topic has been covered before in this forum, but I didn't see anything pop up. I am looking for tips for places to fish from the shore on Oslofjord, accessible with public transportation from the city centre. Any tips on locations and best times would be much appreciated. With the unseasonably warm weather, what's been biting?

Takk!

Brian

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

29 minutes ago, erik said:

I would highly recommend taking the ferry out to the islands in the inner fjord, as opposed to standing in a queue in the most well-know places like Bygdø, Lysaker and Fornebu. 

Thanks, Erik! Any specific recommendation for one that might be less overrun with people swimming? Assume the evenings would be better...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Mornings are by far the best, 04.00-07.00. Then go swimming. ;)

If mornings are not an option, then yes evenings are the second best option. Fish on the side of the island where there is wind blowing in towards shore. If there is no wind (like the last 3 weeks) then use your eyes and ears and move around a lot. On flat water most of the seabass (and seatrout as well as mackerel) I have caught have revealed themselves with surface-activity long before I actually get a bite. 

This one was on a windy afternoon, south side of Nakholmen:

Havabbor.jpg

This one on a still morning, westside of Steilene. I was fishing from my boat, but well within casting-range from shore:

Havabbor+2.jpg

Endret av erik
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Ja men den står dypt foreløpig. Rundt 10-20 meter dypt (over større totaldybde) er det masse makrell.

Makrellen melder sin ankomst i Oslofjorden rundt 1. mai hvert år. Men i starten er det ikke stort innsig, og de går dypt. Derfor får ikke "folk flest" makrell før endel senere. Men kjører du med dyprigg merker du godt at makrellen er der. :D

Endret av erik
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I and a friend will spend the last weekend in June in Olso for some fishing. We will have access to a car. So he have never cought Cod or Pollock or the like, so that will be our focus. IS there some place, general area will be ok :), Where we should go for Cod and Pollock of some size in the mid of summer?

We will be fishing from the shore and will have access to gear from fly #5 to 225gr surfrods for baitfishing :)

Any advice is much appreciated :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider