Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Brit living in Laguna bergen

Hi been in Bergen for over a month now, fished with lures for quite a bit....not a lot, switched to bait with mixed results

salus Kai caught some fantastic wrasse on supermarket prawns ( next to swimming pool)

nordnes just a small pollack

bontalebo , had one mackerel ( very small) a few wrasse, couple of pollock

strome bro one good cod on spinner

3 bridges in Bergen one good cod on plastic worm

back of airport ( next to ferry landing) one big dab

that is my Total, need to know of anymore places to fish, access by public transport only, was thinking of going for trout, sea ,brown or rainbow, any info where I can fish for these would be great, I am also thinking of maybe spinning or fly fishing for any sea fish or pike, sea spots where I can cast a fly out would be good, and same for pike, I have eventually got frozen bait fish from Asian store....just really need some good sound advice on the area I am living...eg, strome bro...does it only fish on high water? And what side is best?

lot of questions I know but any info I would be grateful

thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sea trout -  unfortunatly very little seatrout for the last 10-15 years around bergen and in the fjords. I and many other with me have more or less a C&R on all sea trout now. Rainbow - not normal, only som escaping from fish farms, some of them pile up around hydroelectric outputs but not in Bergen area. Some are caught on straume, and also occational some farmed salmon, but not often.

Look at det map on: https://www.bof.no/omrader

This is public areas and also normaly good fishing spots. BTW you do have been to good places to fish already, put som more time in to some of them. Ok trip is bus to Milde and the Arboretet, a lot of places but some walking.

Pike: Grimevatn, søylevatn, Haukelandsvatnet, nestunvatnet, myravatnet - fish up all the pike you like. I would start with nestunvatnet, easy to get down to the lake. 

Endret av josteink
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Josteink

ive been to nordnes tonight, two small dog fish, was not there too long, had one tremendous bite ...but did not come back, yea when the ice melts maybe can get some pike fishing done ( never fished for these before)I’m looking forward to using my fly gear for sea fishing, but have to wait till fish are chasing lures ( what would be the earliest for that?) cannot wait to get a decent pollock or cod on a fly.

one thing I have noticed here most lakes seem to be taken by people’s houses...and not a great deal of places to fish, I’ve only been here just over a month so still learning about the place, but I agree with what you say , put the hours in and I should get the fish.

i went salhus Kai last week and not one bite, the week before I had wrasse to 4 lb and lots of bites, I think this place a high water mark, I normally like rock edges with water at my feet, but still fairly safe, don’t do the mountain goat stuff, but I will google earth your advised lakes.

any good marks where I can get a fly out for cod and pollack would be appreciated 

br

stewart

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Den 1.2.2019 at 22.42, Stewart Parker skrev:

I’m looking forward to using my fly gear for sea fishing, but have to wait till fish are chasing lures ( what would be the earliest for that?) cannot wait to get a decent pollock or cod on a fly.

FLy fishing for cod and pollack are all year activity, but best in autum-winter-spring. For cod pick any shallow sand-gravel beach with some vegetation, were the cod normally search for crabs and shrimps. Good bading places are often good cod places. Then you just slowly walk the rocks and cliffs and look for cod feeding in the shallow. This is sight fishing, but you can fish blind. Floating line/intermediat line and wollybugger or something like that will do fine. Cold days with sun are not good, mild days without wind and light rain are good, but to much and you dont see anything. And the cod goes very shallow. This can bring in 5 fish ... or non, but great fun. Remember there are minimum size , anything under 1 kg let go is my opinion.

For pollack go to areas with som cliffs were there are som depths outside. Flesland outside the airport are good places. Use sinking line, get the flies down to 2-10 m below. Fish alongside the rock and cliffs, pollack normaly patrol the edges. Wind and rain are good, on sunny days the evening are productive. Good old black or white wolly bugger works well for me. Good luck! 

Endret av josteink
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Josteink 

well I’ve just done strome bro on Monday, fished tide up for about 2 hours, then went under the bridge and fished tide down for a few hours....not a thing, used mackerel, herring, prawn and a bit of spinning, nothing...on the fly fishing, I brought over my gear and got a floating ( Rio) line, it has to be the worst line I have ever tried to cast, just cannot get the memory out of it, I’m actually thinking of taking the head off the line and just joining a good quality running line ....turning it into a shooting head type of thing, I’ve got a 7 wt floating line here but the rod is an 8 wt , I have got a line and other gear in the post from the uk....but not arrived yet ( probably lost) I have a bit of fly tying gear here with me...please send a picture of the fly you use 

I’ve never seen cod in the water much, however I did see a few in the water off the the bridge looking into the water of lungegardsvannet , was trying to catch sea trout between the bridges ( small grass verge) would cod caught here be ok to eat?.

is there any place in particular you could recommend sighting for cod, I’ve been mainly doing deep water with bait ( without success) a position highlighted on a map would be good

if I have tb honest, I’ve been to some places that you would think good fishing and nothing, bit disappointed so far, but I keep on t trying 

stewart

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 weeks later...
Den 15.2.2019 at 8.07, Daggad skrev:

It is Winter time and most of the Fish is deeper in the sea. As spring approaches it will be way better for shore Fishing.
If you can go with a boat the Winter cod are coming to spawn these days.

Not when it comes to cod. During summer they will go deeper because of watertemp, these days they are going shallow. Remember that its a difference between ocean cod (skrei) and local cod (kysttorsk) when it comes to habitat. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Den 6.2.2019 at 10.22, Stewart Parker skrev:

I’ve never seen cod in the water much, however I did see a few in the water off the the bridge looking into the water of lungegardsvannet , was trying to catch sea trout between the bridges ( small grass verge) would cod caught here be ok to eat?.

I would not eat the fish inside her because of its recomended not to:

https://www.miljostatus.no/bergen

But its a good fishing spot, always spot som cod and sometimes seatrout here during winter.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Den 6.2.2019 at 10.22, Stewart Parker skrev:

is there any place in particular you could recommend sighting for cod, I’ve been mainly doing deep water with bait ( without success) a position highlighted on a map would be good

www.bof.no and search for Tyssøy, great spot, also goes bus out her, go to the bay on the south side and hang around on the rocks. Bring some spinning gear also. Also good spots all the way around. Grønevika is another one. 

Endret av josteink
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 12:26 PM, josteink said:

www.bof.no and search for Tyssøy, great spot, also goes bus out her, go to the bay on the south side and hang around on the rocks. Bring some spinning gear also. Also good spots all the way around. Grønevika is another one. 

I will try these spots my friend

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider