Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Newcomer in Rosendal

Hello everyone,

I am going to the lovely town of Rosendal for a few months and I really want to fish there! I would like to know the fishing possibilities in this area. I was planning to fish in the fjord but after looking at the map, I realised that there are lakes near Rosendal!

I would like to try fishing in fresh water, but I dont know the techniques and gear that are needed. And I believe that a fishing permit is needed isn’t it?I'm used to fish in Brittanny with lures from the shore whith a spinning rod of 2,4m with a 2500 reel, but I think that my equipment is a little bit light for fishing from the shore in the fjord... However is it possible to use it for the lakes fresh water? Do you know nice places around Rosendal? Is it possible to eat fish from the hardangerfjord ? What fishing techniques did you use to fish from the shore in a fjord?

Thank you very much for your help,

Thomas

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

2,4 m rod and 2500 reel will work, but is a little light, what lure weight are you using.

For fjord fishing i would go for 4500 reel with 0.35 - 0.40 line mono, lure weight 15-30 grams. You ll get cod, pollack, mackrell up to 3 kg ( most around 1 kg), and up to 5 if lucky. Fish is ok to eat.

For freshwater, brown trout that is, lureweight 2-10 gram, i use 0.20 mono. Most fish will be in the 100-300 gram range, and with some searching you might cross 0.5-1 kg. Some area have fishing license and some are free. Ask the local outdoor shop in rosendal, good place

Check out http://www.frivest.no/ and go to kvinnherad. (but cant see anything in rosendal). 

Do you have a car? Are used to and willing to hike some steep mountain slopes?

Endret av josteink
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi Josteink,

Thank's a lot for your reply and details, it's really a big help. I will take with me a 3000 or 4000 reel and a lighter rod if I fish in fresh water. Great when I arrived, I will go see this shop, thank's.

With this rod i'm use to fish with shads from shore, I use small shad weight between 10 to 15 gram but the power of my rod is between 10 to 30 grams. I will be able to fish with heavier lures !

After raking the web, I had some informations about what style of lures used, rather heavy to go deep an bright colors. Here some examples.

DSC_0285-1024x682-300x199.jpg.83f0d937392bf89c4d2f964112db24d7.jpg

8001258.jpg.78babbc060b21450807c1c7c0c49fee7.jpg465002_1.thumb.jpg.3baf63e740d0335ac61fcaf6df5c3008.jpg

What do you think ?

In terms of fhreswater fishing, what is good to use ?

I don't have a car but a backpack and a tent! Yes I really want to discover Norway through hiking and if i'm lucky, feed myself feshly caught fish. The internet links wil be really useful,thank's a lot.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

9 timer siden, Thomas Dravet skrev:

Hi Josteink,

Thank's a lot for your reply and details, it's really a big help. I will take with me a 3000 or 4000 reel and a lighter rod if I fish in fresh water. Great when I arrived, I will go see this shop, thank's.

With this rod i'm use to fish with shads from shore, I use small shad weight between 10 to 20 gram but the power of my rod is between 10 to 50 grams. I will be able to fish with heavier lures !

After raking the web, I had some informations about what style of lures used, rather heavy to go deep an bright colors. Here some examples.

DSC_0285-1024x682-300x199.jpg.83f0d937392bf89c4d2f964112db24d7.jpg

8001258.jpg.78babbc060b21450807c1c7c0c49fee7.jpg465002_1.thumb.jpg.3baf63e740d0335ac61fcaf6df5c3008.jpg

What do you think ?

I don't have a car but a backpack and a tent! Yes I really want to discover Norway through hiking and if i'm lucky, feed myself feshly caught fish. The internet links wil be really useful,thank's a lot.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Den 8.3.2019 at 1.17, Thomas Dravet skrev:

What do you think ?

Keep it simple, i dont use softbatestuff so I would go for those above. Also good are lures in copper-silver and gold:Stingsild and Møresild are usefull and catches most fish in the sea, You could get them in different brands and prices.

For freshwater use small spinner and simple copper and silver lures, I use 4-6 gr. Lures that works are Spinner and Spesial, anything looking like them. Slow speed works well.

Remember good waterproof clothing and warm clothes, it can be cold also during summer. Places, try to get to the Røynholm boat harbour a little bit north of city center (3 km?), a lot of area to fish along the shore and rocks. 

Endret av josteink
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Thank's a lot Josteink your advices are perfects, I have catch three pollacks in two sessions, one was huge (for me from the shore) in Røynholm. On this picture the knife measures 20 cm. Sport 1 is a nice place, so great to have near my house. Thank's !

20190514_193708.jpg

Endret av Thomas Dravet
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider