Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

fishing in sognefjord

Hi all. after dreaming about visiting Norway for a camping/hiking/fishing trip i finally get to do one!
I will be leaving in June taking the ferry to Kristiansand and then driving up to Bergen and Sognefjord where I have rented a cabin.
Do you guys have any tips for fishing in the region? I think i have decent chances for salmon and seatrout from waht i have read but are those fish endangered? I've read a lot about seatrout coming in in less and less numbers because of excessive fishing.
if anyone here could help me out with a few tips (campsites, fishing spots etc.) and also maybe a website where i can read up on numbers and regulations in english that would be great because i really couldn't find a lot of information on that.

However i really appreciate being finally able to go to Norway and fish there. Any help is appreciated at the same time I understand if you don't want to give out too much information about your favorite spots :)

tight lines and greetings from Austria

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi

thank you for your reply :)

the cabin is close to vikoyri in the Stolsheimen National park. i heard it is a good salmon river too but how much would be the license to fish for salmon in the river? and I suppose june is a good time for salmon fishing?

of course it would be a dream to catch a seatrout but I think i found a good topic on this forum which already covers it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

https://www.sognefjord.no/sjaa-og-gjere/gamle-trevaren-fiske-og-batutleige-p964203/email

You can pre order a card by this e-mail to "gamle trevaren". The price was 300 nok last year, maybe a little more this. In addition you need a general state licence, around 300 for the whole season (one time payment)

seatrout you can fish in the sea for free.

The prices is usually between 250 and 500 nok in the typical norwegiean rivers. Some is way more expensive, but it is possible to find fishing for around that price.

You should also consider a stop at one of this two rivers, you will pass them on the way to Bergen

http://bjerkreimselva.no/priser-og-kortsalg/

This is about 1 hor south of stavanger

https://lakseelver.no/en/elver/mandalselva

this one is 1/2 hour driving from kristiansand, Price here is about 300-400 nok

There is no need for reservations in these rivers

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

do you have to preorder the salmon license or can i just go to a tackle shop when i'm there and buy it.
The route isn't decided yet and I don't want to buy the license for a place I'm not gonna fish...
Also do you use spinners and spoons in the rivers or do you go for eggs and a float setup?

unfortunately my flyfishing experience is almost zero but i will definitely bring a flyfishing rod as well

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

On 5/19/2019 at 11:05 PM, cannonbang said:

https://www.sognefjord.no/sjaa-og-gjere/gamle-trevaren-fiske-og-batutleige-p964203/email

You can pre order a card by this e-mail to "gamle trevaren". The price was 300 nok last year, maybe a little more this. In addition you need a general state licence, around 300 for the whole season (one time payment)

seatrout you can fish in the sea for free.

The prices is usually between 250 and 500 nok in the typical norwegiean rivers. Some is way more expensive, but it is possible to find fishing for around that price.

You should also consider a stop at one of this two rivers, you will pass them on the way to Bergen

http://bjerkreimselva.no/priser-og-kortsalg/

This is about 1 hor south of stavanger

https://lakseelver.no/en/elver/mandalselva

this one is 1/2 hour driving from kristiansand, Price here is about 300-400 nok

There is no need for reservations in these rivers

so on the one of the links you sent me they are talking about Pacific salmon in Norway. is this because of the fish hatcheries? because there is a lot of salmon in our supermarket that says its from norway and pacific salmon...
another follow up question: do people fish for salmon in the fjords too? I understand that the rivermouth is regulated most of the time but do salmon bite when they go up the fjords to their river? or do people target them in the fjords?

thanks again for the links you sent! they are really helpful

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi again

Pacific salmon is a result of wandering fish from siberia along the norwegian coast. This fish, pink salmon or humpback salmon is mosttly present in the northern rivers, allthough a few is caught in the south too. They have nothing to do with the hatcheries.

Salmon is caught in the fjords, but not often. The salmon stops eating before they enter the rivers, and is difficoult to catch in salt water. Mostly of this catches is from boats trolling for them, from land it is nearly hopeless.

The only exeption is some rivermouths where it is possible. The mouth of bjerkreimselva is such a place, you can fish outside the line that marks thr border between river and sea in the time when the river is open for fishing, else there is a 100m zone in addition to this.

there is free sale of licences in the two last rivers, no need to reserve. fly, spin and live worms are allowed, the last with sinks. If you are unexperied, i recommend spin with typical lures as abu toby in silver and blue, around 15-30g. Avoid holografic for salmon, they scare more than they fish

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider