Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Eat fish from Oslofjord.. is it safe?

Luke99

Hi Guys,

I am new to fishing in the Oslo-fjord (normally Bygdøy, Lysaker area). One my friend told me to not eat any fish from Oslo-fjord except mackerels because they are all very polluted.. I usually don't catch too many, but the few that i get are they safe to eat? The only warning i read was about cod and was only for small child. However it was from 2015.

For example fishes like knur, lyse, cod, sei, flundra etc are those ok to eat?

Thanks,

Luke 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi!

I have lived my entire life in the Oslo-fjord and local fish has been part of my diet all my life. I don't live in Oslo at the moment,except holidays, but when i do i generally fish and eat all the fish i decide to bring home. As for cod, the cod is not allowed to catch in fjord for the moment due to a heavy downfall in the population so it needs to be released. Anyways, i would not hesitate to eat any fish from the fjord, except maybe very close to the different large piers. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi

Be a little careful with flatfish also outside the inner harbour. They feed at the bottom and eat some mud along with the food. There is a lot of boat harbours around, and therefore a lot of toxins from antifoul paint used on these, that is gradually washed away during the season. These accumulates in the bottom organisms, and from there into bottom feeding fish.

But you will probably be stuck with macerel at this time, and maybe a pollock or two. And later when the water gets colder and it gets dark in the evenings, probably herring if you use the right gear

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

25 minutes ago, cannonbang said:

But you will probably be stuck with macerel at this time,

lol I got a couple of ugly fishes and a duck ..so you never know what a beginner is able to catch..  :D..

So then just be be safe, i will avoid the flatfish..

So Eatable list outside main pier is (not sure even if those fishes live around oslo):

Knur, Lyse, Sei, Horngjel, Tusk, sea trout, Salmon, mackerel, herring, ling, and cod (when they will lift the ban).

Is that correct?

Thanks for your help:)

Luke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider