Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Vinterbro

Basti83

Hi,

I just moved from Germany to Vinterbro. As I want to learn how to fish I spend a lot of time in Årungen, where I catched nothing till now and Breivoll where I catched 1 flunder till now. It's getting a little bit frustrating not to know if I'm doing everything wrong or if I'm just unlucky. I really want to go for Perch onces but I'm not sure which bait I should use or which technic. As I have no boat it's a little bit difficult. Hope to find somebody from my area who has a little bit experience in local fishing. Greets  

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 weeks later...
Den 19.4.2020 at 17.54, Basti83 skrev:

Hi,

I just moved from Germany to Vinterbro. As I want to learn how to fish I spend a lot of time in Årungen, where I catched nothing till now and Breivoll where I catched 1 flunder till now. It's getting a little bit frustrating not to know if I'm doing everything wrong or if I'm just unlucky. I really want to go for Perch onces but I'm not sure which bait I should use or which technic. As I have no boat it's a little bit difficult. Hope to find somebody from my area who has a little bit experience in local fishing. Greets  

Hey, man!

The fishing can be a bit slow before May comes around here in the south. If you wanna try for perch I recommend dropshotting or light jigging with rubber baits. And earthworms are always a classic and effective method, either with a float, bottom fishing, or even with the dropshot. 
The saltwater fishing in this part of the country isn’t great, compared to the rest. We have a decent amount of seatrout and mackerel, and quite a bit of wrasse and flounder species, but they usually don’t get huge, with some exceptions. Bait fishing with shrimp or herring(only dead bait, live is illegal) is the most common method, aside from herring style metal lures.

Hope this helps. There’s a world of different opinions and knowledge about what and how to fish, even in this tiny local area.

Good luck and skitt fiske!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Den 19.4.2020 at 17.54, Basti83 skrev:

Hi,

Hope you not planing to eat the fish from Årungen ? The lake is not clean so you know that. 

You have Gjersjøen just around the corner for you near Tusen Fryd. I like that lake but it can be hard to fish there to. Try to look up the map in Ski komune. Or take the trip to Enebak if you have car ?

Wish you the best of luck and welcome to Norway ,)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Although the water in Årungen is not clear, and the lake is eutrophic, it is not polluted by industry. I don't think its dangerous to eat the fish from the lake. How tasty the fish are is another matter... There has been performed a lot of "management experiments" in Årungen, as part of research projects on eutrophic lakes. A lot of predatory fish have been removed. I'm not sure how the populations of perch and pike are today. 

As Bonavar wrote, the nearby Gjersjøen is more interesting when it comes to angling. This lake has big perch and Zander, and there are also possibilities for good pike. On the negative side, the lake is not easy to fish, especially from the bank. Access is limited, and a boat is almost required. And the population of big fish are very thin. Be prepared for hard work and a lot of fishless hours and days.

EDIT: I also recommend that you put back all big perch. Such fish are not good food anyway. And they are very important in order to preserve the population, bearing the superior genes in the population. If you are out for perch as a food fish, you should take fish in the 100-300 gram range. Much more tasty, and killing such fish is no problem for the population.

Endret av piscator
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 month later...

The fishing in Årungen has changed a bit up through the years, but there are still options. For perch I tend to use dark (black, blue) or very bright (yellow, white, etc.) jigs (7.5g-15g). For pike during summer I have had some success with flashy silver or silver/blue (big lipless crank baits, or spoon; 35-40g).

At Hale I usually, from a small dock, throw due south towards Morteberget, 5-10 m off the shore. It is very shallow there so 5g-7.5g jigs.

Gjersjøen is tricky, but there are some really nice perch there. Last trip I caught 6 perch, and a bonus pike. A couple of the perch came up with small "worms" on their forehead so they were pretty much hugging the bottom at about 4-5 m. I mainly used a 15g rugby head with a brown/gold plastic (see pic), and alternated between scraping it along the bottom and doing tiny bumps...

Skitt fiske! :)

Aa_vI.jpg

Aa_vII.jpg

0.jpeg

Endret av TeddyBJ
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider