Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Land Fishing sotra (Bergen, øygarden)

TurboMackarel

Hello everyone,

It's my first post. I'm living in sotra (øygarden ) and trying fishing from land. 

I'm trying lot of different places, different tide and have still very little catch. Mostly just few small fish and sometimes one 1-2kg fish. Ofcourse when mackarel is came, I cach lot of it. But it's only in summer.

Do any knows exactly which tide is best to fish in Bergen fjords? It's a lot information on internet, but some say is raising tide, and some say falling tide is best. What do you experienced with tides? 

Do you know good places to fish from land in sotra? I tried rongbru, svelgen Bru.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hi and welcome to both this forum and the Bergen region. 

What do you fish with? And after? 

This period, april and May, is usually quite slow, with not much fish, except for som small timewindows. Often you can fish all Day and all the action takes place within fifteen minutts. 

If you fish with bait you Will find the Windows quite Easy. Btw, they are Often between 7 and 8 in the morning, around 17.00, and around 21.00. 

Falling tide is bad for fishing, the same with northern wind, but otherwise it is mainly about having a hook in the water. 

Places to try is Ormhilleren, nordre straumsund and rubbegarnståna. These are well known Places so you wont be fishing alone. You Will find the secret Places as you get to know people. 

Good luck

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider