Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Skeletor vs Speedmaster

Shimano always seem to overclassify rods. Trouble is the lighter version (3-15gram) is 30cm shorter at 270cm... or I'm not looking hard enough.

Berkley has a 2-12 gram classed 10 footer... better?

I don't imagine i'll fish lighter than 6 gram ever... 10 and 22 are probably my most used spoons. 22 goes well off my baitcaster but i'd like to be able to switch between that and lighter lures on one rod.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Skeletor is an awfully stiff rod! Take a look at the Ron Thompson Norwegian series, good value and exellent rods.

Troutstick 3-12g 10'1 3 1099,-

Troutstick 4-14g 11'6 3 1099,-

Seatroutstick 8-22g 11'2 3 1299,-

Seatroutstick 9-24g 12'6 3 1399,-

I have a 10' 8-32g older model, but it's still my favourite for sea trout even though I've got more expensive dedicated rods. Throws 10g Møresilda well.

Endret av Havengel
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Skeletor is an awfully stiff rod! Take a look at the Ron Thompson Norwegian series, good value and exellent rods.

Troutstick 3-12g 10'1 3 1099,-

Troutstick 4-14g 11'6 3 1099,-

Seatroutstick 8-22g 11'2 3 1299,-

Seatroutstick 9-24g 12'6 3 1399,-

I have a 10' 8-32g older model, but it's still my favourite for sea trout even though I've got more expensive dedicated rods. Throws 10g Møresilda well.

The name Ron Thompson doesn't fill me with confidence :D I'll check them out if I can.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I've just got the rod. But it seams to like lures between 15-18g.

I have the same rod. It's by far my favourite rod for seatrout fishing! I've used it with lures between 7-25g. A great rod - mostly recommended. But as ThorEH mentions, if you really want to go "light", go for something between 2-15, 5-15 etc.

Edit: You may also take a look at the lightning rod series from Berkley. A great rod for a reasonable price :D

Endret av permagnar
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I have the same rod. It's by far my favourite rod for seatrout fishing! I've used it with lures between 7-25g. A great rod - mostly recommended. But as ThorEH mentions, if you really want to go "light", go for something between 2-15, 5-15 etc.

Edit: You may also take a look at the lightning rod series from Berkley. A great rod for a reasonable price :D

I don't want to go ultra light. if it fishes well with lures from 7-25 grams then it is well suited.

What is your favourite lure to use on this rod? Have you fished wobblers on it?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I don't want to go ultra light. if it fishes well with lures from 7-25 grams then it is well suited.

What is your favourite lure to use on this rod? Have you fished wobblers on it?

I usually fish with møresilda 15/18g or Morild Seatrout 13g. I've used it with twitchin' rap, X-rap and some other wobblers as well. I've been able to throw the smallest X-raps (8cm?) about 12-13 meters (wild guess) using .25 mono line. Pretty good rod for wobblers :D

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Not completely on-topic, but if you have the chance: Check out the SST Seatrout series. I have the 12' (4-20gr) version and it makes you look cool :D It throws really well to

12' (4-20gr): 1599,-

http://www.gero.no/default.asp?pg=Info&pID...true&menuID=988

11' (3-18gr): 999,-

http://www.skittfiske.no/aspx/produkter.as...ger&g2txt=Greys

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The name Ron Thompson doesn't fill me with confidence :D I'll check them out if I can.

RT has some shait and some stuff worth far beyond what you pay. Bought mine eight years ago. Used it a lot.

How bout this one? Cheap enough to use as a spare if you're not totally pleased.

http://www.skittfiske.no/aspx/produkt/prdi...aspx?plid=38094

Endret av Havengel
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I usually fish with møresilda 15/18g or Morild Seatrout 13g. I've used it with twitchin' rap, X-rap and some other wobblers as well. I've been able to throw the smallest X-raps (8cm?) about 12-13 meters (wild guess) using .25 mono line. Pretty good rod for wobblers :D

Sounds like my weapons of choice. It sounds good and it definately has the style. I'll get down to Baardsens and have a waggle of one soon and see how it feels.

2500 size reel to balance it?

Not completely on-topic, but if you have the chance: Check out the SST Seatrout series. I have the 12' (4-20gr) version and it makes you look cool :lol: It throws really well to

12' (4-20gr): 1599,-

http://www.gero.no/default.asp?pg=Info&pID...true&menuID=988

11' (3-18gr): 999,-

http://www.skittfiske.no/aspx/produkter.as...ger&g2txt=Greys

I've heard good things of this range... little bit long tho. I'll put them on the shortlist if the speedmaster and others I can try dissapoint.

RT has some shait and some stuff worth far beyond what you pay. Bought mine eight years ago. Used it a lot.

How bout this one? Cheap enough to use as a spare if you're not totally pleased.

http://www.skittfiske.no/aspx/produkt/prdi...aspx?plid=38094

I'm loving their dyneema but that flyrod is taking up space :D

I'll have a play with one if they have them at MX... they always have RT stuff on the racks.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Sounds like my weapons of choice. It sounds good and it definately has the style. I'll get down to Baardsens and have a waggle of one soon and see how it feels.

2500 size reel to balance it?

Yup. I started with an exage 2500, but went over to a DAM quick super 830 FD. The Quick super is slightly heavier than the exage (60g).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks to everyone for the input.

I went shopping today, got down to baardsen and saw that guy that won Idol... carbon pusher was talking bout selling him a rod :)

I was thinking of grabbing an aspire whilst they were practically giving them away at baardsens but they had sold out. I checked out the antares but it was a little on the heavy and chunky side for all that money so I settled for the speedmaster in the end and matched it to a Stella 2500.

I've had it out for a few hours and it is perfect for my needs... i think shimano got the rating fairly right too, it pings a 6, 10, 18 and 22 gram spoon equally well and beats my other rods with a wobbler comfortably.

Can't wait for my trout to come home! :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

...so I settled for the speedmaster in the end and matched it to a Stella 2500.

I've had it out for a few hours and it is perfect for my needs... i think shimano got the rating fairly right too, it pings a 6, 10, 18 and 22 gram spoon equally well and beats my other rods with a wobbler comfortably.

Can't wait for my trout to come home! :)

Sounds like a great combo! Congrats :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider