Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

shaping up to be a good year

Yesterday started off promising, beautiful weather and good fishing. first fish i took was a cod of 4.4 kilos, swiftly followed by a second of 3.8 kilos. then I noticed a nice trout hoovering up My free offerings of mackarel, so I swiftly rigged up a float which took off at 100 mph about 10 seconds after hitting the water.

the acrobatics that followed were stunning but ended with Mr trout tailwalking and spitting the useless fladen warbird treble back at Me and ruining My whole day.

I couldn't sleep last night. I was plotting his downfall.

This morning I went and set up well before high water armed with flyrod and baitcaster rigged with float. I opted for an eagle claw 3/O circle baited with Mack and trout dough below an 8 foot trace of 7kg strain weighted with split shot above the hook.

I warmed up with an epoxy headed mylar body baitfish fly and soon noticed a 'follower' but I just couldn't induce a take... even 2 flies later. So I freshly baited the float rig with mack belly and trout dough and tossed it out again then went to tie on a new fly.

then My heart was almost broken a second time as Mr trout ran off with the float only for Me to pull it out His mouth... Time stood still until a second take... then followed some comedy fishing.

He dragged me all over the place, then when I finally got Him close I couldn't gaff him as He was way too lively so I walked to the shallow mussel bed nearby to land Him but just as I stood on the slipperiest rocks He took off again and put me straight on My arse and dragged Me backwards almost into the sea.

He was a worthy adersary but in the end there could only be one winner and this time it was Me :D

Bilde056.jpg

wow, this post was needlessly long... but its been emotional lol.

Davie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider