Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

best spot mid May?

Mid May is a bit early for salmon, but seatrout with decent size should be possible. Brown trout as well...

But when it comes flyfishing and this species I have extremly limited experciens.

Some other users here will probably help you more than I can.

:)

Best of luck.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

A good lake for fishing Pike with a fly rod would be Steinsfjorden located on the central Østlandet. Here you have pike averaging 8lbs, but also up to the range of 33 - 35 lbs. and who knows, even up to lower 40's. There is a lot of pike there and when the bite is good you can hook up with a good number. However, the downside is that a boat is most likely required, but fishing from the shore also works but limits your possibilities.

Just a handful of rivers are open for salmon fishing in may, most of them open in June. But if you would like to fish seatrout there is good, or more than good, possibilities for that during may. If you’re lucky you can also get in touch with the Norwegian seabass ;)

But there is more. You have good fishing after ASP (can some one please come with the English word for that fish) which is a good fighter and can be fished with a fly rod. It will give you a good challenge, and it will give you excitement as it attacks the fly! This you can fish just outside of Oslo, in Lillestrøm. Not to mention that there is numerous other fish to catch at the same location, even though the location is not that scenic ;). During may all kinds of fish start to feed, live as normal and fishing is good in general, if your looking for saltwater action or just sweet water fishing, everything from mackerel to carp. You name it, you'll catch it.

If you are more specific about WHERE you're going, maybe someone can also give you good spots in the area ;)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

But there is more. You have good fishing after ASP (can some one please come with the English word for that fish) which is a good fighter and can be fished with a fly rod.

Asp in English, Aspius aspius is the scientific name. And as Remy says its a good fighter, and awesome to fish with topwater lures/flies.

Wikipedia

Michael

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks for the responses and tips, I appreciate it! I live in Oslo so I'd very much like to get away from here as far as possible...would be nice to see a new part of the country. In any case, the info you've given helps a lot gives me something to go on.

S.

Oslo har great oppertunities for fishing, but if you want to experience something more take a trip to the vest. There is many members here who would more than likely guide you too some new and awesome species. As for Oslo you have salmonfishing in the Akerselva, the river running from north of Oslo and through the city. Not scenic, but hey, it's a salmon river. Seatrout you can encounter allover in the Oslofjord, just find spots with shallow water, varied bottom, currents etc.

Here is a map for the place to fish Asp: (please bear in mind that the fish is NOT to be killed, it is prohibited to kill that fish because it's on the redlist)

Map (fish by the orange floating device)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Is asp some kind of carp or something? How we travel will depend a bit on where we choose to go, but we do have a car. I was hoping to fly up north but clearly the weather is much more stable in the south as you said. Maybe next year in June or July I can make a trip up there. I'll check out Kristiansand though and see what I can turn up on the web, thanks for the very helpful tips.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider