Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Hook questions

Bought some Mustad hoodlum hooks cos they looked pretty... just wondering what use they might be.

they are a nice shape and fairly heavy gauge wire with nice sharp "Ultra point" at the business end.

Fundamentally a Tuna/livebaiting hook, which is a bit stupid as there aint a whole lot of Tuna or livebaiting to be had in Norway.

Anyone tried them around the Norwegian coast? are they good for anything in particular?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Yeah, Hoodlum are very similar to the 'big gun' and owner gorilla. I just got the one pack of 3/O so they are quite small they are about the same size as some of the finer wired 2/O circles like eagle claws.

They'll fit in the moth of most fish but I'm thinking they might bounce some of the smaller fish due to the heavy guage.

I've tied a few single hook pats with these on... I'll try them on cod locally that should be a safe bet. Maybe try them on Steinbit at some point :) I'll pass on the ray and halibut until I can cast farther than You :unsure:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Can You cast as far overhead with the long rod than powercasting with the shorter ones? seems these massive rods are all the rage in the UK now. I've never tried it and it seems You can opt for a budget rod that way too.

freight is just 18 pounds 'sports equiptment' baggage on Ryanair :unsure: You can save massive amounts on self builds... if You trust Your rod finishing skills enough that is.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider