Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Hitra vs Saltstraumen for fly fishing

hi,

i am planning on going to norway at the beginning of august for a weeks saltwater fly fishing.

biggest problem is that we do not have a car so will be using public transport.

i will mostly be fishing from the shore after coal fish

i can't decide whether to go to the Saltstraumen or hitra, hitra is cheaper to get to and less time travelling.

how would you rate the fishing at each place, i have been told that it is very hard to get down to the bigger fish in the saltstraumen on fly as the current is so strong and the smaller collies take your fly before it can sink.

i have heard there is very good fishing on hitra but all i know is the best is on the western side, any more information on actual locations will be greatly appreciated.

thanks alot

sean

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I haven't been to either place but I think the whole problem of smaller fish taking the fly is a universal problem when flyfishing for coalies... even other types of fishing suffer with the plague until you go oversized.

Anyway, Both places look great, I'm sure You'll have a good trip whichever you choose.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider