Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Trout in oslo

I have just moved from England to central Oslo. In England i was a very keen carp angler but i know carp are not so common here and so would like to try my hand at a new species. Ive been told that trout are quite a common species in the Oslo area. Is this correct? Is there any where close to Oslo that you can fly fish for trout? As i have always wanted to try fly fishing. Any response will be much appreciated, response in Norwegian is fine as i have a personal translator ;)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

;) Hello! A lots of possibilties for trout fishing around in the Oslo area. I will advice you to look at this website if you can get anything out of it, its in norwegian.; http://www.ofa.no/ ( they have a book that they sells with interesting information about types of fish, avrerage size of the fish etc, and maps of the waters. Can be bought in the sports shops)

You will find both information and fishing licence in several sport shops in Oslo. Among "Gjesting Sport" at Alnabru, and at "Nordisk Fiskeutstyr" in Lysaker( between Oslo and Bærum community area) They could guide you to lakes and smal waters that easely can be reach by car, bus or other transportation. If you will walk for a wile you could easely find a place for your selfe. Its also common that the most used area for getting into Nordmarka(The area around Oslo city) have self service stations for bying fishing licences. Excuse my english, its rusty, and i havent used a dictionary!!!! You also have a shop thats called "Out Fishing" at Grorud thats only one kilometer from the fishing area. They have all you need for licence and gear.

Endret av potbelly
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

;) I will just inform that it have been taking a trout over 11 pound in the neighbourhood this summer!! Thats one of the special things concerning fishing in the area. So you can flyfishing for trout one day and carp or pike or what ever the next day. But personally i will prefer a nice little lake deep in the woods whit haching mayflies or caddies with a flyrod in my hand. And turn around and relaxe with a hand of fresh blueberries! As you see all possibilties in Oslo area! :P
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Wow cheers for the response. Potbelly the english was fine, no need for a dictionary... im working on my Norwegian... Am i better of flyfishing or spinning for trout? i need to buy the equipment and want to make a good choice. May have to bring some of my carp gear back with me next time i go home! Could you kindly name some lakes or rivers i can flyfish and also lakes i can fish for carp? You can send a response via message if you want.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

There are hundreds of lakes to fish trout in, and as a thumb rule, the longer the walk, the bigger the fish. However, you should be prepared on hokking up with small fish, but sometimes you will hook bigger fish. My tip is to go to the lakes as far away from roads and big paths as possible. And there is alot of good trout locations within 4 hours from Oslo to, with big fish e.g Randselva, Gundbrandsdalslågen... Randselva is in a world class or above if you want BIG trout. Every year trout upon or above 10kg's are landed!!! Thats insane.

Have a look here

https://www.fiskersiden.no/index.php/reportasjer-mainmenu-29/570-stamfiske-i-randselva

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Wow cheers for the response. Potbelly the english was fine, no need for a dictionary... im working on my Norwegian... Am i better of flyfishing or spinning for trout? i need to buy the equipment and want to make a good choice. May have to bring some of my carp gear back with me next time i go home! Could you kindly name some lakes or rivers i can flyfish and also lakes i can fish for carp? You can send a response via message if you want.

;) Like Remy its a lot of lakes near Oslo. In Nordmarka you have many lakes. Som near trainstation are Ørfiske in Nittedal(troutfishery have been good last 2-3 years). Specially at the northwest side. There you have some smal islands and rocks near. Some you can easely get out to. And then you have waters longer in. Sandungen, Hakkloa, Trehjørningen, Langvann, Elvann, and some small lakes longer north "i cant remember the name on". Sandungen has a small river in, and a short small out to Hakkloa. From Hakkloa you have a small river thats goes into Bjørnsjøen. All this places are good for starting fishing. This is not the smallest lakses. And by study the map you can jump in som few minutes to a smaller lake near. But I will still recomend to by OFA guide to the waters in Oslo area. Here you can plan out a trip as fare you want from road and trainstaions. And pick out waters with much trout, less trout, but bigger etc. Also see what other fish there is. A bike can make its much easely. There are small roads thrue the area. And a good fast way to get into the hart of the area. This is for normal trout form 200-500gram. But you can get it larger. Specialy in the bigger lakes. But again there are som small lakes that can give you a big supprice. Carp and so on I do not fish so here it will be needed for advice form other in the forum. Regards potbelly at holyday!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I can go fishing! Brought some tackle this week end. I got a 5-20g rod as he said will be suitable for freshwater and sea. Thanks so much for all the freshwater advice! will keep doing my research too, im exited.haha. Until i can afford the freshwater ticket as all my money was spent on tackle... oops, where are good sea fishing spots for trout, i always see people fishing on Ulvoybrua, i recall a nice little spot in the direction of katten, but only a few 100 meters form the bridge looks like stones were placed rather recently, is it allowed to fish from there?..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 weeks later...

You can fish wherever you like in the Oslofjord except fenced areas.In Norway theres something called strandsonen,anyone has the right to walk along the shore of any fjord.Landowners don`t have as many rights in Norway as they do in Britain..

The area you are reffering to is a public recreational area set up by Nordstrand bydel.Uyo can fish,go swimming or do whatever takes you fancy.

Ulvøybroa is a well known spot for catching mackerel in the summertime.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

What about the the Queens red line something that is the same as we have, free movement within the shore lines of river, lakes and sea within ten meters from property as rural, commercial, private og government as long as you are 10meters away?! Whats that called again??? It's in NZ, GB, OZ and many of the other colonies

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider