Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Are there big labge/brosme in Lysefjorden (Os kommune)?

Jiri

Hello and sorry for not speaking Norwegian - mine is not perfect so I prefer English:

I tried several places in Lysefjorden yesterday afternoon that I have found on the map of see floor but only the place close to Blia (as recommended here) provided some bites - I have got one 2-3 kg brosme and lost one, probably larger one.

My question to the local expert is - are there larger fishes there in Lysefjorden? Last year I have got 8 kg/115 cm lange in Hjeltefjorden (Between Sotra and Askøy) and got that famous Lange/Brosme-fever :-)

Thanks a lot for your comments

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks a lot for the tip! I have that spot marked on my map but have not tried that yesterday - tried few sumberged mountains between Blia and Skorpo instead but no luck.

Just a technical question - is the open sea always better for big fishes than fjords? Would you expect let say 20 kg lange in Lysefjord (I do not ask for the place just whether there have ever been fishes of similar size)?

Best regards

Jiri

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 weeks later...

permagnar - thanks a lot again, it was good tip vest of "Skorpo". I have spent there two days and was getting beits almost every single try. I used mackrel as a beit. Although no large fish was caught, there were brosme around 3 kg. The fishes were mostly between 200 - 100 m depth on the slope... It might be of interest for somebody. I can also provide exact GPS coordinates if wanted...

Jiri

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider