Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Fishing buddy Bergen area

The Dutchguy

Hello all,

I'm new here so Ill briefly introduce myself :). Sorry I don't speak Norwegian yet, my stay in Norway has not been that long yet. I'm a 23 year old master (Aquaculture) student currently following a master thesis at NIFES in Bergen. I will be here through March 2016. I'm a fishing enthousiast and therefore I brought my gear with me to Norway. I am limited in my transport and thats why I have mainly fished from shore in the direct vicinity of the city center of Bergen.

I would really like to fish from a boat more often as I have the material it takes and I would love to catch that big Norwegian one! If anyone would like to take me for a fishing trip I am glad to hear it. I'm a social, experienced fisherman with quality gear who can offer interesting conversations, a warm cup of tea and a helping hand during landing that trophy fish. Moreover, I'm happy to share the cost of gas or renting a boat.

Skitt fiske,

Michel

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

That would be nice! I did some in Haukelandsvatnet but I haven't encountered that big one yet ;)

We'll have to fix that! Haukelandsvatnet is nice during early/late spring, but later in the season algae and water temperature makes the bigger pike leave the shallow bays, which makes it harder to locate. The pike can only hunt trout, char and eel ( with the occational salmon or seatrout). Aside from a few 6+ fish several years ago, I haven't seen or heard of any confirmed big ones from Haukelandsvatnet. As with all fishermen, there are many tall tales about record pike from every single water in the area no matter how small or lacking in prey fish, with scant proof and very questionable weight/length ratios.

So far the winter pike fishing has been slow, with my latest catch being mid November at 20 m depth. I think it's time to take out the deadbait-gear and fish close to the bottom. If you'd like to try Grimevatnet I have access to a boat there, and we could try some spin/deadbaiting. The cool thing about Grimevatnet is that if the pike fishing is slow we can go for perch, and with a bit (a lot) of luck brown trout of 1-4 kg is possible.

Looking at the weather report, it looks like tomorrow is the best day we're going to have for quite some time so if you'd like to give it a go I'm down.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider