Gå til innhold
Fiskersiden

Norway (IDSE) area

New to the Fiskersidens Forum!

2 freinds and myself are due to fly to Stavanger and based on a small island called Idse, where we are staying with one of my friends old pal's.

We would like to go armed with as much info as possible for the local sea, fjord boat fishing.

None of us have gone to another country to fish and we can't wait to get there on 15th March for 2 days "come on"

All the other threads i've read for Norway have all been for much further north?

I suppose tactics are our biggest concern? I.E.

End tackle set ups, trace lengths?

Baits, can these be caught on the day or should we buy?

Perks, What size, any particular type or make?

Jigs, feathers, redgills?

Hooks, What size, single or trebles?

Fish, What type during mid March?

Any other info would be greatly received and i promise, after I get back I will post our trip diary (catches) for others who venture to Norway in the future?

Thanks in advance,

MinesASmallOne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hey there Smallone :)

Lots of ppl on here from the west of Norway... check out 'vestlandet' section for trip reports n catches.

Don't sweat it with the tackle just take Your regular gear for Each situation.

There is a wealth of species in the fjords if You can't get out to sea and quite deep water is usually accessible inland.

Common species are: pollack, whiting, cod, wrasse (of every type), mackarel, coalie, grey gurnard, tub gurnard, dabs, lemon sole and haddock. theres a more than good chance of sea trout, char, turbot, wolffish, thornbacks and monkfish also.

if you fish from a boat then 50+ gear will not let you down, same set ups for wrecking in the chanel, of course its better sport on 20lb gear:)

From the shore, spinning/baitcasting from the rocks is great sport... as is fly gear. double figure fish are not uncommon in the fjords. I'm guessing if you are from kent then You have casting gear... could hit the monsters with that from the best shore marks.

I'm confident you could catch bait on the day but if you only got two days then prolly best to have some ready.

hope this helps...prolly a bit vague but just enjoy it!

Davie

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Kimandre... or anyone? Berkley may answer. Or me after the weekend. We'll give you an answer, make sure of that.

That would be great if you could, look forward to it gjørs.

Kind regards

Paul

Hey there Smallone :)

Lots of ppl on here from the west of Norway... check out 'vestlandet' section for trip reports n catches.

Don't sweat it with the tackle just take Your regular gear for Each situation.

There is a wealth of species in the fjords if You can't get out to sea and quite deep water is usually accessible inland.

Common species are: pollack, whiting, cod, wrasse (of every type), mackarel, coalie, grey gurnard, tub gurnard, dabs, lemon sole and haddock. theres a more than good chance of sea trout, char, turbot, wolffish, thornbacks and monkfish also.

if you fish from a boat then 50+ gear will not let you down, same set ups for wrecking in the chanel, of course its better sport on 20lb gear:)

From the shore, spinning/baitcasting from the rocks is great sport... as is fly gear. double figure fish are not uncommon in the fjords. I'm guessing if you are from kent then You have casting gear... could hit the monsters with that from the best shore marks.

I'm confident you could catch bait on the day but if you only got two days then prolly best to have some ready.

hope this helps...prolly a bit vague but just enjoy it!

Davie

What a write up atomichaggis thanks very much loads of info for us to take.

Best regards

Paul

my english is so bad, that someone have to translate for me. but I have many tips for you, and maybe i can guide you a few hours... have been fishing in the area for some years now, both shorefishing and deepseafishing.

Would be nice if you could kim andre?

You will find my Norwegian is far worse that your English, i could not even put a word together let alone a sentance.

Kind regards

Paul

My english also sucks, but can sure join Kim with fishing in this area

Hi øysteiin

Looks like your English is better than mine? ha ha ha

I am very impressed with the response already to my post thanks. Hope to here from you soon.

Kind regards

Paul

Endret av MinesASmallOne
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I've actually visited Idse several summers, and also once in march 1993, fishing both from boat and from shore at "Tangane", which is approx in the middle of the map here: http://www.finn.no/kart?toolMode=1&toolMod...Air=0&tabState=

Where on Idse are you staying? I've fished a lot in the area confined by Tangane, Lyngholmen, Knibringen and Risholmen in the map, and can share some of my experience from that particular area if it's of any relevance?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I've actually visited Idse several summers, and also once in march 1993, fishing both from boat and from shore at "Tangane", which is approx in the middle of the map here: http://www.finn.no/kart?toolMode=1&toolMod...Air=0&tabState=

Where on Idse are you staying? I've fished a lot in the area confined by Tangane, Lyngholmen, Knibringen and Risholmen in the map, and can share some of my experience from that particular area if it's of any relevance?

Hello SMS

That would be great if you had experience from those areas as it is likely we may visit them.

We are staying near Grunnarvag!

Kind regards

Paul

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon my late reply. Summertime there's been plenty of pollacks up to 2 k in steep areas around Risholmen, and also just outside the spit staight west of Risholmen, depths of 20 to 50 m mostly. Plenty of steep places with wrasses around Risholmen and Tangane also, but they might of course go deeper in march then when I've fished here. Between Krogholmen and Larsholmen we've caught catfish up to 7 k in early summer, and the relatively shallow area here should also be a potential place for flatties and dragonets based on catches in fishing nets. If there's little fish to be found in shallow waters, I would use the fish finder to try to find edges with rock bottom at 150 m and deeper for ling and tusk. My experience from is that if you don't find any fish in shallow waters in one area, there are probably not a lot of fish other places neither, then you have fish deeper or perhaps try smaller species at very shallow waters. Summertime the fishing has been a question of finding the sprat schools, either by fish finder or gulls. Hope this coud be of some help, looking fwd to your report! Hopefully I'll visit Idse and Tangane again myself this summer. Tight lines!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider